Dispatch not starting

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

sdrinky
New User

Dispatch not starting

Post by sdrinky »

Hi, I've got a problem with my 2004 Dispatch 1.9D (1868cc I think it is actually) not starting, I parked it up monday after it had been running fine but since then it will turnover fine but won't start up, tried jump leads from a neighbours car but no joy, there's plenty of fuel in and seems to have decent battery life left.

Anybody had anything similar happen or have any ideas?

I was speaking to a friend about something else last night and just mentioned it and he'd had a similar problem with a Vauxhall Vivaro which turned out to be an immobiliser problem, I tried both keys today and the LED on the dash at the base of the windscreen (which I've always assumed was to do with the immobiliser) didn't light up at all or do anything.

Thanks Simon
Sean602
Location: Roslin -yes the one with the chapel in Dan Browns book.
My Cars:

Re: Dispatch not starting

Post by Sean602 »

if its the old type bosh fuel pump ( four steel pipes coming out and going to the injectors ) then the immobiliser was in the black box on the end of the pump and works a small solenoid the original switch off valve - when they wear they can stick shut, worse if the engine is switched off while revving quite high. ignition on and give the pump a wakeup with a hammer obviously not on any of the delicate parts. worked on one of my old VWs.

if your maintenance capabilities stretches to less brutal percussive methods then start looking at loose or chaffed wires, corrosion is also a problem during the saltfest.

on the dispatch the led flashes when the van is off and the imobiliser active, the led should be out when the ignition is on.
kissing the lash
white van (turbo, computer and built by Citroen, what could possibly go wrong!)
orange 2cv
blue 2cv( been to the Sahara and back)
red Dyane( in bits)
Skoda (thank goodness there is a teutonic vehicle on the drive)
Stainless Siemens fridge freezer
dudarus1

Re: Dispatch not starting

Post by dudarus1 »

ive had exactly the same problem on my 2005 dispatch. it turned out to be no power to the stop solenoid. the solenoid is protected with a gaurd but coming out there was three wires i connected power the the yellow one and it started up
Mobile Towbar Fitting Service In The Midlands
http://www.jninstallations.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cheapest Prices Guaranteed