03 C5 hdi est has an odd feeling when driving

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

stu9

03 C5 hdi est has an odd feeling when driving

Post by stu9 »

It's really odd and trying to descride it's going to be hard......it's got a kind of "empty" feeling underneath when driving, kind of tinny, I know I sound daft but that's about the best I can do. It drives fine dont get me wrong apart from very light steering, to light at times. It's just this hollow sound from under it, its as if there's no solidness to it, like Audi, BM ect y'know.....I know what I mean but dont think I'm saying it right :mrgreen: :roll:

If anyone else has one, you'll hopefully know what I mean....hopefully
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Re: 03 C5 hdi est has an odd feeling when driving

Post by Peter.N. »

Are all the engine covers in place and underside heat shields firmly fixed? Tyre pressures to high? My 2.0 doesn't ride as well as the 2.2 its also noiser but it has the engine covers missing - and it needs new spheres.

Peter
stu9

Re: 03 C5 hdi est has an odd feeling when driving

Post by stu9 »

Yea everything's tight Peter, I had a look when I got the fan belt and tensioner on a few weeks ago, it's an odd feeling, it's a kind of "hollow" feeling for want of a better word. I've never had/felt it before on any car, even the wee 306 est's more solid, if it's all to do with maybe needing new suspension, that might be what's wrong, but all the hydraulics work (so far...touch wood)