Is it possible?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

IrfanIbrahim
My Cars:

Is it possible?

Post by IrfanIbrahim »

Its seem I will be doing alot of night driving nowadays. Is it possible to install HID into headlamp? Some say it will glare others but some say with the correct temperature and adjustment it will be doing just fine. Temperature should be 4k and I found one on 4.3k. Plus the already built in barrier inside the dip beam section really help to prevent glare. Anyone have ever tried this?
1994 Xantia 2.0I

Keep calm & drive a xantia!
citronut
My Cars:

Re: Is it possible?

Post by citronut »

i thought ist said the early XANT head lamps have the wrong defraction to the lens which causes poor light output,
if this is the case i doubt theres much you can do with the original lamps to improve vision in the dark,
i found my R reg MK1 1.9TD was fine in that department
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
IrfanIbrahim
My Cars:

Post by IrfanIbrahim »

So what should be the best to do? The reflector's chrome is fading badly and i wasnt able to drive safely. And new one priced are just too high. Relay mod is another option but it would be the same output with hid 4300k 35watts i think..
1994 Xantia 2.0I

xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Post by xantia_v6 »

If your reflectors are tarnished, then you would be wasting your time fitting HID bulbs. Your 1994 car may have the early pattern lenses which really were bad. the later lenses were apparently fitted from 1995, and do make a difference, maybe you need to bite the bullet and buy some new (or good used) light units.

[edit] There is not quite enough detail in your avitar to tell whether you have the early or late lights, with a bigger picture of your headlights we could settle that question.
IrfanIbrahim
My Cars:

Post by IrfanIbrahim »

I believed the early headlamp have straight stripes? Mine had a renault-logo-alike stripes. Both side had that kind of stripes but differ in sizes i would say for driving position.
1994 Xantia 2.0I