2.2HDi EGR valve blanking off

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

SaabC5
My Cars: 09 C5 X7 2.0Hdi Exclusive

2.2HDi EGR valve blanking off

Post by SaabC5 »

Ok, this weekend i finally blanked off the EGR valve with the blanking plate i've had in my wallet for the last 8 months. Initial impressions is that the car drives smoother than before and seems to be quieter when cold, why this is i don't know. Its too early so say if fuel consumption is gonna be affected but i have a feeling that the previous owner of my 2.2 had the DPF removed because i've never had any emission warnings and the vast majority of my driving is in London which is not conducive to good DPF health. Any other 2.2HDi owners blanked off their valve, i'd be interested to hear what they have to say.
09 C5 X7 2.0Hdi Exclusive in Perla Nera black (the best colour) :wink:
Monkeyfeet
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: C5:Hatch & an Esatate. Real cruisemobiles.

Re: 2.2HDi EGR valve blanking off

Post by Monkeyfeet »

Did you have to program the car not to use the egr? Maybe this was done when previous owner de-dpf't it? I used the ecusafe option to disable the egr (when de-fapping it) but I'd also like to remove everything physically connected to the egr plumbing system. When you say blanking plate that you've had in your wallet.....?
XantiaTD's(all gone). BXGTi, sold (sob). C5 2.2Hdi SE Exc Hatch. C5 2.2 Estate auto. Xsara Hdi estate. Yam YZF750, Zoom. GSX-S750, mmm.
KevMayer
My Cars:

Re: 2.2HDi EGR valve blanking off

Post by KevMayer »

I blanked off my EGR and didn't notice any improvement in mpg.

The engine sounded noisier when accelerating. Like it was on the verge of pinking.
Cheers, Kev

02 plate C5 2.2 Hdi Exclusive SE (now 170k miles 03/21).

Used to have:- Xantia 1.9 TurboD SX. 1996 Blue & 1998 Silver Activa. + 1992 BX TZD Turbo.