Wife buys new car shocker

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

messerschmitt owner
My Cars:

Wife buys new car shocker

Post by messerschmitt owner »

My wife bought this today - for a bag of sand. MoT'd to December, taxed to June, 180k, service history, six seats.

We went to the local book fair and I bought a few books. She made me stop on the way back and haggled it down from £1250 to a grand.

I was impressed!

IMG_1244 by messerschmitt owner, on Flickr

IMG_1247 by messerschmitt owner, on Flickr

IMG_1249 by messerschmitt owner, on Flickr

IMG_1251 by messerschmitt owner, on Flickr

IMG_1252 by messerschmitt owner, on Flickr
Image My XMs
Andy F
My Cars:

Re: Wife buys new car shocker

Post by Andy F »

Looks like a great deal. A lot of car for the money. That scenery looks familiar, If its where I think it is I am just down the road in Longford. Was it outside direct tyres?
1999 Citroen Xantia 2.0 HDi 110 Estate
2001 Citroen Xantia 2.0 HDi 110 LX
1999 Citroen Xsara Picasso 2.0 HDi 90
1983 T25 VW camper
1994 Mini 1275 35th Anniversary Edition - sold
2007 C8 2.0 HDi 136 Exclusive - sold
Previous AXs
1987 11RE
1987 11TRE
1995 Dimension
bxzx16v
My Cars: Past Frenchies , 4xBx16v,1xBxGti,1xBxTzd,2xZx Volcanes,1xZx reflex,1xPug 405mi16, 3x Xantia 1.9td's,1x Xantia activa, 2x Renault 25 V6 turbo, 1 Zx16v ,1 Pug 406 V6 coupe ,1x C8 , 1x Berlingo van , 1x Xanti 2.1td , 1x Renault Laguna 3

Post by bxzx16v »

A proper bargain , great vehicles these I used to have the van version .

Mark
2009 Landrover Freelander 2 TD4se (killed an Audi) , sadly now gone .
2012 Landrover Freelander 2 SD4 AUTO Love it . Now gone .
2014 Ford Bmax 1.0 Ecoboost Zetec . Fantastic little machine .Gone now.
2014 Ford Focus 2.0 Tdci Zetec S with the French heart.
Lighty
My Cars:

Post by Lighty »

That's a cheap van, I guess the mileage did the price, but not too much of an issue. Worst thing about them is the door locks, they rarely work and are very easy to get out.
http://www.marklightfootltd.co.uk
Dacia Duster 1.5 dci
Renault Twizy Technic
Citroen C15
Citroen Ami
messerschmitt owner
My Cars:

yep, it was in Innsworth, just round the corner from me in Longlevens - and it's the six seater car version. I can now compare the HDi with the 2.1TD too. Looking on Autotrader and eBay it should be sitting around £1500-1750, even privately.

It will be a useful load lugger, and I can abuse it in a way I wouldn't do with the two XMs. WIll be knocking down a wall soon in the new house in the Forest and the rubble will go inside which will save £100 on a skip! On the one in one out principle, I will shortly have a Leyland Autosleeper camper for sale.
Image My XMs
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Post by citroenxm »

Well.. I CANNOT praise the 2.0 HDi 8v engine enough! The BEST engine ever in the DI engine range.. Even more fun with a tuning box fitted!

Remember though, the "Van" is a Fiat through and through except the engine.. And fiat versions even get the same engine but they still badge them as their own JTD engines..

So its not only the french that have Lock issues then, Italians too..
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
bxzx16v
My Cars: Past Frenchies , 4xBx16v,1xBxGti,1xBxTzd,2xZx Volcanes,1xZx reflex,1xPug 405mi16, 3x Xantia 1.9td's,1x Xantia activa, 2x Renault 25 V6 turbo, 1 Zx16v ,1 Pug 406 V6 coupe ,1x C8 , 1x Berlingo van , 1x Xanti 2.1td , 1x Renault Laguna 3

Post by bxzx16v »

When I had mine I had a couple of the lock barrels rebuilt , any decent locksmith should be able to do this , and it's way cheaper than a new lock set .

Mark
2009 Landrover Freelander 2 TD4se (killed an Audi) , sadly now gone .
2012 Landrover Freelander 2 SD4 AUTO Love it . Now gone .
2014 Ford Bmax 1.0 Ecoboost Zetec . Fantastic little machine .Gone now.
2014 Ford Focus 2.0 Tdci Zetec S with the French heart.
messerschmitt owner
My Cars:

I have to say that over a week of commuting back and forth between Ruardean and Stroud at times when the roads are empty, even without a tuning box, it is a fun drive - handles really well, has plenty of poke and feels tight on the corners.

Heating is a bit pathetic, incomparison to the XMs, and a door lock is a bit crap but otherwise, an interesting place to be, which is not what I expected of a Citroen van!

I like the ride height too - it's good to be back looking down on cars! Oh and 40 something mpg is a huge improvement on twenty something in the XM estate.
Image My XMs
BX
My Cars:

Post by BX »

These are a French built PSA vehicle. The Relay & Boxer are rebadged Ducatos built in Italy. The eurovan models (scudo dispatch ulysse etc) always have PSA engines. The Ducato et al can have PSA Sofim(Iveco) or Ford engines. Some of the 2.2s are PSA others are Ford (2006 on). 2.3 2.5 2.8 and 3.0 are all SOFIM. 1.9 can be either Fiat or PSA.
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

Oooh nice van. I like that very much indeed! One of those could well be on my wanted list in a few months when the family from the USA move over for a few years..
DOMW
My Cars:

Post by DOMW »

I used to drive this Dispatch at work, no one else wanted to drive it because it was a Citroen and had some miles on it. I have since educated a few on HDis! Rare vehicle the Dispatch Combi and in Pacific Blue too. Transported a few unusual loads in our time, including a 1951 Velocette LE and a 1930's invalid carriage! I think it had 165k or so when we sold it on. I reckon you've got yourself a good vehicle there.
messerschmitt owner
My Cars:

it isn't too rare as I saw LG05 XEN at the docks ... my car's sister and one letter away - I guess from the same batch.

She's had four owners, and you must have been the one before the man I bought it from.

It is a nice old bus and great fun to drive too - handles well for a 'van'. It has already carried such rubbish as a messerschmitt engine, parts of a Bond Minicar Mk C and has towed a messerschmitt too - all in less than three weeks of ownership.

Had it in Cheshire at the weekend and it performed well, easily reaching 80+ with a half a tonne in the back, and it gives about 40mpg.

I'm on the look out for a set of Synergie seats though, or even just the middle row of individual seats from the back.

PM me with some details of her, would you?
Image My XMs
Johnny Cogs
My Cars:

Post by Johnny Cogs »

Thats a cracker, especially for the money! I would prefer that to my Synergie any day! I got the synergie as I need to move full sheets of ply occasionaly, but still needed something I could get the family in (as it does the school run whilst I have the other car for work), which works well, except that you have to duck quite vigerously in order to not break your neck on the ply, which ends up where your head should be!
The thought of you filling that beastie with bricks n rubble brings a tear to my eye.... we should swap, for te sake of preserving a beautiful vancar! :p

I digress... Can we see some inside piccies please? Has it got the same floor mounts as the Synergie. Also seatbelts, would you fit c-pillar belts or would the lap belts be allowed?
'rolls in a 1.9TD Syn-bus!'
messerschmitt owner
My Cars:

don't worry about the rubble - you can hose the inside down. ;-)

Any rubble inside will be in sacks and a vinyl floor means brushing out is easy.

The floort mounts are identical - in fact I want a set of synergie seats for it. There are mounts for the third row of seats too but not sure about seatbelts - I Guess a trip to the scrappy would solve the seat belt dilemma for the third row as mounts will be there too.
Image My XMs
Johnny Cogs
My Cars:

Post by Johnny Cogs »

I think the going avg is about £20 a seat, but I'm pretty sure some haggling would soon bring that down. There are a couple of nice Peugeot 806 'Eden Park' seats on fleabay at the minute, but I think the guy wants funny money for them....

Standard seats should be plentiful, especially if you only want 2 or 3.... I would definately reccomend using individual seats rather than the bench seat.... soooo much flexibility!

(whilst your there, the captains seats are also very handy, and great fun!!! lol)
'rolls in a 1.9TD Syn-bus!'