C4 Picasso blower, grumble, grumble...

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

C4 Picasso blower, grumble, grumble...

Post by RichardW »

Went to go out in the C4 this afternoon - windscreen was sopping inside, and then realised blower not working. Hmmm. Managed to get the blower out - it's not too bad, although one of the screws (5.5mm WHY???) is tricky. Found it a bit damp, but control board is dry. It was reluctant to start, but went with a push - brushes perhaps. I oiled the bearing at the bottom, and it has worked a few times since putting it back. Hope it continues to as a new one is £250 - without the control board :shock: :twisted: A google search turns up that the scuttle drains can get blocked, and water overflows into the car / heater system - SWMBO did report hearing a swooshing noise earlier in the week, and the rain has been relentless this week! Guess what i am doing tomorrow morning.... :roll:

Anyway - presumably he brushes could be replaced - open out the end clamp and slide the old brush out, then solder the wire on somewhere - looks like the original is deep inside the unit, but I guess it could just be soldered to the wire? Fit the new brush and re-close the clamp. Wonder if Xantia ones will fit - or if anybody knows of another source of brushes?
Richard W
Lighty
My Cars:

Re: C4 Picasso blower, grumble, grumble...

Post by Lighty »

Common failure these are now, wont be long before ecp do a replacement motor ;)
http://www.marklightfootltd.co.uk
Dacia Duster 1.5 dci
Renault Twizy Technic
Citroen C15
Citroen Ami
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Re: C4 Picasso blower, grumble, grumble...

Post by RichardW »

Cheers Lighty - let's hope it keeps going till they do!! Assume they are dealer only at the moment? Is it the fan or the controller do you think?

Cleaned out the scuttle drains this morning - removed a compost heap from both sides. It was an excuse to remove the useless mudguards that spent most of the their time scraping on the ground 8-)
Richard W