2003 citroen xsara picasso 2.0 HDI

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

racingbrett

Re: 2003 citroen xsara picasso 2.0 HDI

Post by racingbrett »

Bit of a late update on this but weve had a good few months of stress and problems, Seller is refusing to correspond to all forms of contact, he is now been issued a letter requesting all money for repairs to be repaid under the sales of goods act or the issue will be pursued through the small claims court where extra factors such as stress and transport costs during the time the car was in the garage will be added on, will have to wait and see if he decides to respond to this one.

As far as power, after a run down the m6/m5 today, battling with hills and the lack of any power to pull out around lorrys, i lost my rag, pulled over on the hard shoulder and disconnected the maf, dont know why i didnt try it sooner, time, stress and other factors taking up all my time i guess, but :D hey the car pulls like a freight train now, at least thats what it feels like, no more changing gears all the time, it feels safe using slip roads and filter lanes, its like a new car. Avg mpg didnt seem to change, real time mpg seemed to drop a little less (18-19 with maf 20-22 without maf) when planting the foot and rose faster when taking the foot of the accelerator, oddly no warning light or message with the maf removed (is that usual).

The question is, iv got a busy wkend fri-monday with re-enactments, will running with the maf disconnected till i can get it sorted next wk cause any long term or short term problems?

Cheers Brett