C5 Mk1 2003 - Programming new keys

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Northern_Mike

C5 Mk1 2003 - Programming new keys

Post by Northern_Mike »

Well, today I went sledging with my 3 year old Sam.

Like a pillock, I dropped my car keys in the snow, in a big field. Two hours of desperate searching didn't find them. I had to get us all picked up by a friend and suffer a ride in a Poxhall Carlton, though I am very grateful for him coming to get us. Fortunately, as usual, I hadn't locked my car, so at least Sam and Adriana had somewhere to sit that wasn't *too* cold. Anyway, we got home, I had to crack the window frame to break into the house as my house keys and work security were also on the keyring I dropped..

So, how hard is it to get a remote key for a C5? I imagine I need to supply the Citroen dealer with a wallet-raping amount of cash, 120 South-sea island Virgins, a vegetarian doner kebab and perform some sort of ceremony at the top of mount Everest at 3am on a day that doesn't have a Y in it?

Or is it not so simple?

I have one basic key, no plipper. Just the one key..
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Re: C5 Mk1 2003 - Programming new keys

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

If you are thinking of going to look for it tomorrow, a grass rake could be handy (unless you know anybody with a metal detector). I assume you are still in the Twyford area, so I could help for a couple of hours tomorrow morning (after I have done my laundry). I can't do more than that, as I have to see my godsons in the afternoon.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!