Ecu and key help required before tomorrow

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

stu9

Ecu and key help required before tomorrow

Post by stu9 »

Right...I've got an 03 C5 2.0 HDI est with a fkd ecu, the option I gave myself are..

A 2nd hand one from a breakers with the same 02810 ect, EDC15C2 ect numbers

The guy in the yard said that when I plug the ecu into mine, but using my trasnponder and key, it should start, if it doesnt, all I need to do is programe my key through a sequence he showed me.

If that doesnt work, I then have to use his transponder, key (which he could find but was going to look again tomorrow) and ignition (which I've got no idea how they come off, and not something I'll find how to do easy)

I think I've said this right
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Re: Ecu and key help required before tomorrow

Post by citroenxm »

Not sure about C5.. but on xantia hdi if you want to fit a used Ecu you need the body computer as its these two items that are matched then you only need to teach the Ecu to pick the key up with a lexia..

i would of thought the C5 would be the same.. but i don't know..
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

If you want to use a second hand ECU on this car you will also need the BSI unit as well as the transponder key. The ECU, BSI & the transponder chip are all a matched set. Be aware though if the other BSI unit has a higher mileage than yours it will permanently write the higher mileage to your instrument panel.
stu9

Post by stu9 »

Ok, so I need all 3...the thing is, I cant check the miles unless they put a battery in and got at least ig lights to power the speedo (if it worked). What I'll need to ask too, how can they test this kind of stuff before I buy, apart from like I say, putting a battery in the car itself and turning the key to see what happenes

Having said that, he couldnt find the key today but said will have another look tomorrow, but knows I need it for the chip in the fob, so I can keep my ignition switch and key but change everything else
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

If you can get the VIN of the breaker's car, then it's well possible to use the donor BSI and ECU to code in new transponder chips with the ECU unlock code.

So far as "kit and caboodle" goes: BSI, dash for good measure, ECU and either the access code as above or at least one matched key chip.
stu9

Post by stu9 »

Well the guy that runs the scrappy's well pissed off as someone's lost or sold key/fob with the drivers door, as I went back today get everything. I'll hopefully get my original ecu back early next week but I think it's fkd so looking for a full replacement, I'd rather get it from a local breakers that way if something doesnt work I can take it back, without having to post stuff all the time.
I know my key/fob can probably be programed to the ecu ect from the car in the scrappy if was to buy what he has, but a dealer would want the whole car so would need to pay a wagon/transporter to get it there....fk that

Mr Turpin would then say bend over....
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Why the need for a dealer? It can be done with a Lexia, wherever the car is sat.