Xsara HDI 2.0 ph2 Ignition switch replacement?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mgm
New User

Xsara HDI 2.0 ph2 Ignition switch replacement?

Post by mgm »

well its happened my ignition switch finally gave up the ghost ..

AA called /arrived done a few bits of jigling behind the switch (already taken the shroud of before they arrived)
he manged to get it started after 25 30 mins of trying...great i thought whats the technique i asked.. he stated" the trouble is with you ignition switch on the back of the barrel you either get ignition on and no starter motor or starter motor and no ignition (with key in start position) that why it took me so long to get it going"
he goes on to say that i can get the ignition barrel changed by phoning up the stealership and quating chassis number etc and wait days for a new barrel to be sent,,,or see if i can get the switch part at the back...
or if your desperate you can hotwire it..
well i am desperate i am living in the arsehole of nowhere and don't have a permanent place of accommodation yet (just moved here for job)
so i am thinking hotwire to get me going then getting the switch replaced...barrel from stealer a last last resort if that doesn't work!!

any one know of the procedure of all three methods?

Xsara HDI 2.0 PH2 2001 y plate..

i need help quickly on this i am due in work on Friday and i am 30miles away from there on a route with no public transport (aboyne,Aberdeenshire)

Many thanks