replace door windows bx

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

jeroen
My Cars:

replace door windows bx

Post by jeroen »

Hello,
Im am wondering if it is possible to replace the windows of the doors of my bx.At the moment i have a bx 16tgi '90 with clear glass, and a spare bx with green glass. I have ripped off a side panel of the spare bx's door , but i do not really see an obvious way of taking out the glass.
Is it even possible to d.i.y.? Has anybody done something like that? If so, any tips?
thanks an advance
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Done that - been there - tried it [8D]
The BX door glasses are winded up/down with a scissor mechanism - incorporating rollers in a rail fitted to the bottom of the glass.
Basically you simply strip the door - then remove the winder mechanism. The glass can then be fiddled out - quite easy once you have tried - takes forever reading text to explain [:D][:D]
It's all about getting the glass out - from the donor car FIRST - such you still have a working car - after 10hrs of fiddling - finally seeing the light [:p]
Haynes does in fact have a couple of good hints on this.
jeroen
My Cars:

Post by jeroen »

hrm....
off to that irritating polish site do try and find the pdf about this stuff...
thanks for the answer , I'll break stuff on the spare car and do it right when needed then!
:)
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

It is not at all difficult, remove the door panel, and the bolts securing the winder mech. push em through and tilt the window high at the back when it all comes loose. Don't damage the outer weatherstrips though. Remove them with care. They are costly and frail. The window comes out the upper rearmost corner first and with the glass following a course outside the car and up. Much easier than most and not a swine to refit.