C5 leak under right hand rear passenger seat

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Tony Clingan
My Cars:

C5 leak under right hand rear passenger seat

Post by Tony Clingan »

I wonder if anybody could help me, I have a 2002 C5 hatchback and I have noticed that I suddenly have a small puddle appearing under the right hand rear passenger seat where there is a black plastic cover

I am unclear if the cover is the cause, if it is a failure of the rubber grommet beside it of if it is caused by something else, has anybody else experienced this please and if so what is the remedy?

Thanks Tony
(Donor 2017)
My Cars: Citroen C5 2.0 Hdi 2003

Re: C5 leak under right hand rear passenger seat

Post by 411514 »

The cover you talk of would I'd have thought be the cover for the fuel pump, are you sure its water and
not even worse fuel. If it is water and you dont have a sunroof then the door weather seal would be the next port
of call I suppose
Sam

2003 C5 2.0HDI 110
Lighty
My Cars:

Post by Lighty »

I have seen many leaks of this type into the rear of cars, it is usually the door membrane behind the door card. It lets water run inside the door card, this can then drip straight into the car, as it is already past the door seal.
http://www.marklightfootltd.co.uk
Dacia Duster 1.5 dci
Renault Twizy Technic
Citroen C15
Citroen Ami
(Donor 2017)

Post by 411514 »

Lighty wrote:I have seen many leaks of this type into the rear of cars, it is usually the door membrane behind the door card. It lets water run inside the door card, this can then drip straight into the car, as it is already past the door seal.
But the OP says under the seat, surely if the water was entering in the way you describe it would form on the
floor rather than under the seat, Sam
Sam

2003 C5 2.0HDI 110
Lighty
My Cars:

Post by Lighty »

Just depends if there is something to deflect the water into this position, let's face it the back seat goes along the door for a little way. Anyway just presenting it as a situation I have seen quite often, and not one people think to check.
http://www.marklightfootltd.co.uk
Dacia Duster 1.5 dci
Renault Twizy Technic
Citroen C15
Citroen Ami
(Donor 2017)

Post by 411514 »

Another possibility may be a leak in the pipe carrying the washer fluid to the rear screen, I think that runs along the right hand side of xant/C5
Sam

2003 C5 2.0HDI 110
Tony Clingan
My Cars:

Post by Tony Clingan »

Thanks guys, it's certainly water and it has been very wet recently so a seal would make sense, it's just eliminating which one, I'll do some further investigation in the morning because I hadn't checked if the footwell is damp although there's not water on the fllor mat at a glance
thefrenchconnection
My Cars:

Post by thefrenchconnection »

i had water in my rear footwells i ended up replacing the door membrane on the nsr door still did not cure the problem so i ordered a new exterior weatherstrip from my local dealer we had two good days of downpour no leaks problem solved :-D

marc
2001 c5 2.0hdi sx 110