Xantia Fluid Warning light?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Karl

Xantia Fluid Warning light?

Post by Karl »

I get this warning light whenever I seem to be driving briskly, especialy around twisty country roads. It`s amber just above the right part of the instrament pannel, above the Citroen text. Its looks like a fuild bottle with an out and inlet on top. I`m not overly concerned as it seems to go out within a few seconds of it comming on. But its not in the Citroen owners manual, is this one of those French idiosyncratics that we Citroen owner love...or am I just missing a page from my manual?
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Ya get the STOP light too ?
Karl

Post by Karl »

No Stop light, just this amber thing..
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Could it be the diesel filter icon ??
blueboy2001

Post by blueboy2001 »

Its the water in fuel light. Bleed the fuel from the screw on the front of the filter housing and check for little blobs of water sat on the bottom of the container.
Chances are there won't be any - these lights seem to come on somewhat randomly, but if you have filled up with some dirty diesel this might be an indication.
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

YES blueboy -
Quite a few Xantia diesel owners have reported this.
Kered

Post by Kered »

It's shown in my 1995 Xantia handbook as "presence of water in the diesel fuel". In other words drain the water from the fuel filter or if that's OK then a duff sensor.
Karl

Post by Karl »

Thanks fellas, that makes sense..I`ve drained about a cup of diesel from the filter housing, theres not water I can see. Hopefully that will do it.