c5 2.2 automatic

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

citswamp

c5 2.2 automatic

Post by citswamp »

I have a problem with no changing up in 4 gear, apart from that the gearbox is working ok.If I connect lexia, go on to abs sensors it switches off the abs and the esp and the gearbox works perfectly and all the wheel sensors read the same.I have tried my autodiagnos machine and it gives front sensors ok rear sensors low readings. there are no fault codes on abs,esp or gearbox.anybody had the same problem.citswamp.
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Re: c5 2.2 automatic

Post by qprdude »

Someone on here had a gearbox problem with changing gears. I think they found that different tyre sizes were fitted on front and back. They changed them and the box was then OK. Something like that anyway.

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... to+gearbox" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by qprdude on 04 Jan 2013, 20:52, edited 1 time in total.
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.
oneday
My Cars:

Post by oneday »

horsedentist had something simlar search his posts
C5 2.0 HDI VTR 2003 ICELANDIC GREY
306 1.4 LX MERIDIAN
horsedentist

Post by horsedentist »

Yep fixed mine! runs sweet as a nut now, my problem was that when I bought it someone had fitted 215-70-15's on the back and the front had 205=60=15's fitted, was throwing torque faults and speed sensor faults up on the abs system as well. Put 205-60-15's on the back and problem was cured. Mind you it took me bloomin weeks to notice the tyre sizes were different and we won't go into all the other things I did to try and sort it first DOH! :cry: :cry:
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

If you search horsedentists' posts on his problem you will probably suffer deja vu!
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
horsedentist

Post by horsedentist »

citswamp wrote:I have a problem with no changing up in 4 gear, apart from that the gearbox is working ok.If I connect lexia, go on to abs sensors it switches off the abs and the esp and the gearbox works perfectly and all the wheel sensors read the same.I have tried my autodiagnos machine and it gives front sensors ok rear sensors low readings. there are no fault codes on abs,esp or gearbox.anybody had the same problem.citswamp.
As far as I am aware it is the rear sensors that give the speed information to the ecu's so you could try cleaning them as they are magnetic and you would be surprised how much crude there will be on them. (just one of the little jobs I did before realising the tyre were odd sizes).
citswamp

code 1442

Post by citswamp »

Hi evaporative emmission control system leak detected, as any body anybody any idea where it is and how to fix it.citroen c 5 2.2 auto. 2002.thanks citswamp
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Re: code 1442

Post by qprdude »

citswamp wrote:Hi evaporative emmission control system leak detected, as any body anybody any idea where it is and how to fix it.citroen c 5 2.2 auto. 2002.thanks citswamp
You might want to start this as a new thread to get a better response from the experts.
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.