C5 Washer Jets

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

djjtl
My Cars:

Re: C5 Washer Jets

Post by djjtl »

part number for washer jets 6438 L1
03 C5 2.O HDi 90 LX Estate 97K
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Post by qprdude »

Most washer pumps have a fairly fine mesh filter which gets clogged easily, especially with slimy stuff from anti freeze additives. Not sure if the Citroen has one but they usually just pop out of a plastic housing with a small "o" ring. I have always stripped them out and cleaned them in the kitchen sink (with the plug in!). Before refitting, it's best to run boiling water through the reservoir bottle until the water runs clear. You would be amazed how much slime and particles collect in the bottle over time. I've poured several kettles full of water through before it runs clean.
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.
KrisoUK

Post by KrisoUK »

Hi guys, sorry for reviving an old topic, but I couldn't find anything else about taking off the front bumper of a C5 Mk1 2003.

I'm about to replace my windscreen washer pump as both front and rear washers have stopped working. I had a look around the front bumper and couldn't see any screws to take the bumper off. Does anyone have a link to a topic or a video guide of how to take off the front bumper?

Many Thanks, Chris.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

KrisoUK wrote:Hi guys, sorry for reviving an old topic, but I couldn't find anything else about taking off the front bumper of a C5 Mk1 2003.
I'm about to replace my windscreen washer pump as both front and rear washers have stopped working. I had a look around the front bumper and couldn't see any screws to take the bumper off. Does anyone have a link to a topic or a video guide of how to take off the front bumper?
Many Thanks, Chris.
I've emailed you the procedure for removal and refitting.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

KrisoUK wrote:Hi guys, sorry for reviving an old topic, but I couldn't find anything else about taking off the front bumper of a C5 Mk1 2003.

Many Thanks, Chris.
Have you listened for the pump motor running.
My jets became severely clogged, took them off and cleaned them out, made a tremendous difference and there was an unbelievable amount of muck in them.