Xantia Diesel Pump Leak

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

exect

Xantia Diesel Pump Leak

Post by exect »

The pump on my 1996 1.9 TD Xantia is leaking from the point indicated.

Is it just a case of replacing the seals or is this an adjuster, as I can see yellow paint marks on it?

If its going to be a straight forward job does anyone know the part numbers required?

Sorry I could not get photo to correct size!

Phil
Attachments
IMG_3404a.jpg
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Xantia Diesel Pump Leak

Post by CitroJim »

That's easy :-D

The device in question is the transfer pressure regulator and all that seals it is two O rings which are easily replaced once you unscrew the regulator. One O ring is at the top of the device and another smaller one at the bottom.

It's tight and does not have a conventional head on it to make removal easy. However across the flats is 10mm and it unscrews conventionally. Often you can get a slim open-ended 10mm spanner to fit it end-on and then using a T bar across the other end of the spanner undo it...

I must confess it's the first time I've seen one leak here...

Try to get a Viton O rings to replace the duff ones. Else if you're not sure they're Viton then soak potential candidates in diesel (and veg. if you use it) for a few days to ensure they don't swell up, go hard or otherwise deteriorate.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
exect

Post by exect »

That was quick!
From what you say it looks easily for me to do, my fear was that adjustments were required.
Thank you Jim
Phil
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

No, no adjustments required at all Phil and looking again at your picture the way the flats are positioned you may even be able to get a slim spanner on it in the conventional way...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...