2009 c5 blower failure

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

barrett90

2009 c5 blower failure

Post by barrett90 »

Hopefully someone can assist with this!
I've searched the forums but not been able to find much info on this issue for a C5 post 2008. On starting my car this afternoon, having not used it for a week, the AC and all blower control settings wouldn't work. The climate display comes up as it should and gives the impression of everything being fine, but, no air comes through at all. Fuses have been checked and are all fine, is there a control module behind a panel as with earlier models? Is the anything obvious to look for/try?
To complicate matters, I'm currently in France but my non existent French language means that taking it in to a garage (if I could find one open at this time of year) wouldn't get me far.
I'm due to travel back to the UK on Tuesday and would really like to be able to do the 500 mile trip with the ability to heat the cabin and demist the screen!
zipdip

Re: 2009 c5 blower failure

Post by zipdip »

I hope you found a solution,I can only think it may be the pollen filter completely blocked,but not sure just thought I would reply to your posting as you and me are the only posters who have a late model C5 and we have to stick together,all the others have ancient citroens some steam powered,and most of there parts are found on Antiques Road Show,or by the side of the road,and while I am at it why on earth did you venture into France with no lingo,those people hate each other ,you have no chance to get it fixed without being able to speak citroen.
2009 C5 1.8 vtr+
oneday
My Cars:

Post by oneday »

there are several people on here with later c5s you will also find most of you help will come from people with these steam powered antique citroens. i have traveled throgh france a few times and found the french people on the whole friendly i dont speak french but a lot of french do speak english. the later c5s are now apearing in breakers yards now aswell
C5 2.0 HDI VTR 2003 ICELANDIC GREY
306 1.4 LX MERIDIAN
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

im not sure what set up your car has, but a friends 05 pug 307 has had a fault were the heater blower stopped completely,

turned out to be over heated/burned terminals on the plug that plugs into the speed control moduel,
this is attached to the fan motor base mout,

the first time it happened i just cleaned up the pins and tightened up the plug conectors,

now about 6 months later it happened again so we cut off the factory plug block soldered short lengths of wire to the pins on the speed control moduel, and fitted a heavy duty plug and socket,

zipdip wrote: all the others have ancient Citroëns some steam powered,
C5's can also suffer head gasket failure :-D :wink: ,
zipdip wrote: and most of there parts are found on Antiques Road Show,or by the side of the road,

but more likely to be fixable at the side of the road than cars that every part relies on computers/piles of electronics,

also to on top of all that the XANT is the last full blooded proper citroen :roll: :wink:

[/quote]
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
coastline taxis

Post by coastline taxis »

Hi
heater control module in the mk 1and 2 you got plenty of warning and when it did go you just setting 4. but with the mk 3 theres no warning and when they go you get nothing. Also along with checking the 40 amp check the maxi fuses as the last mk3 we done it was a blown maxi fuse that was causing it