Xantia HDi STOP Light

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Mandrake
My Cars:

Re: Xantia HDi STOP Light

Post by Mandrake »

citroenxm wrote:Ah Simon, interesting info there.

I have my own Lexia yes.. However, where is the "face Vent Temp Sensor"? I know its NOT in the face vents? I beleve its mounted further down somewhere??
It's not visible in the vent, if that's what you mean. I don't know exactly where it is, but it must be somewhere between the vents and the air direction flap in the heater box, as there are separate temperature sensors for the facia vents and the footwell vents. Probably closer to the heater box as the "facia" air splits off to several different vents...

The cabin temperature sensor and its tiny fan can be seen through the grill next to the clock with a torch, and you should be able to see if the fan is spinning or not with the torch. From memory you can access it by removing the radio.
I never thought about putting lexi on to look at the sensor readings, infact didn't know it did show all that. I know about engine ECU live data readout ETC, but never thought about the Climate ECU..

Something to do in the morning now.. :wink:
I've only ever put a Lexia on a S2, so I don't know if the S1 has as much data for the climate ECU, but the S2 is very detailed - all the temperature sensor readings, all of the switch settings, A/C and so on, plus you can manually operate the mixer flap, fan, A/C compressor etc... very comprehensive and the live sensor reading page is pretty self explanatory.
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Post by citroenxm »

Did a lexia session this morning.. all sensors are reading fine and from what i could tell correctly too... i guess i need to get the front panel off and get the sensor cleaned up.. who the heck decided to make it all one piece.. still gives the dash a smoother look i guess...
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

Is the fan turning ? If not or if its going slowly if you have a spray can of compressed air you can try blowing the dust out of the fan without removing it... They usually get clogged with dust and the compressed air will both blow out the dust and give the fan a good fast spin. Might save a lot of trouble...
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Post by citroenxm »

Must say Ive not noticed... Ive a portable compressor at the farm I can use when I get there next so will give that a go..

Im not going to goto town the poor girl is starting to give up now and wants to retire....

The rear passenger door has stopped locking and unlocking on the central locking, I discovered a really bad thud knock on full lock when reversing or going forward slowly only full lock though, I have a cutting out issue to sort out, an LHM weep to fix, judder under brakeing at the front but must admit she is due brakes ALL round.... I KNOW how to fix it ALL, and what to do, its just dooing it. Id rather be in an XM if I can finish my SED by the end of Feb...
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

citroenxm wrote: Im not going to goto town the poor girl is starting to give up now and wants to retire....
She just wants a rest and some TLC Paul and then she'll be absolutely fine again. Xantias don't retire...

I see you've changed your signature Paul :wink: :lol:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...