c5 Front Windows

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

hawkeye

c5 Front Windows

Post by hawkeye »

Hi chaps,

Jumped in the C5 (2001 HDi 110 Hatch) the other day to find the driver's side window opening as I set off - in the rain, of course. I've followed the handbook procedure to open it fully and then inch it to the top so at least it's now closed. This is supposed to reset the pinch position, but I find that if I open the window and then close it, it goes to the top and then opens partly to the pinch position. I've had a quick search through the forum but can't find any guidance - has anybody got any ideas on the likely cause, and how to fix it?

Happy Christmas,

Peter
oneday
My Cars:

Re: c5 Front Windows

Post by oneday »

hi peter have you tried disconnecting the battery and resetting everthing after you reconnect it

there is a instruction in the handy hints and tips section
C5 2.0 HDI VTR 2003 ICELANDIC GREY
306 1.4 LX MERIDIAN
hawkeye

Post by hawkeye »

Thanks for the info, Oneday. I've just tried the procedure but the problem persists. Does anyone know if there is a specific reset procedure for the front window anti-pinch, apart from that detailed in the drivers handbook and the battery disconnection method?

Thanks,

Peter
oneday
My Cars:

Post by oneday »

have you tried holding the switch in the up position for 20 seconds
C5 2.0 HDI VTR 2003 ICELANDIC GREY
306 1.4 LX MERIDIAN
hawkeye

Post by hawkeye »

Yes, I've tried holding the switch in the up position for 20-30 seconds, and also exercised the anti-pinch by obstructing the window as it closes, but neither has worked. The window has opened a few times while driving, twice at random and twice after cancelling the indicators. Does anyone know if a Lexia session could sort this out, or should I go to the scrappies and get another motor?