Heater blower problem

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

donny121
New User

Heater blower problem

Post by donny121 »

Heater blower has issues

Just changed the resistor pack

Bought the car with this problem, the heater speed control was bypassed with a switch so that it could be turned on and off but only full blast.

My mission was to get it running normally... Failed :-<

I have changed the heater resistor pack for a new one from ebay and disconnected the butchered wiring. Their was a relay amongst the wiring that I have presumed to be added for the manual switch, I reconnected the colour coded wires that were cut and thought my work was done.

Started the car and the fan blew and switched itself off after 2-3 seconds. It then comes on every now and then for 2-3 seconds, so something has gone wrong or still not working.

I am now lost for ideas. The fan speed switch when I turn it does operate a flap in the dash. When the fan does momentary turn on it doesn't seem to be controllable. Heat does flow through the vents. he motor is still good as I can by pass it.

I would really appreciate some help and pictures would be super.

Could I have messed the re-wire up any pics anywhere of what wire goes where so I can cross reference? Also should that relay I took out be their? Any other ideas?
oneday
My Cars:

Re: Heater blower problem

Post by oneday »

welcome to fcf people will need to know what car and year etc
C5 2.0 HDI VTR 2003 ICELANDIC GREY
306 1.4 LX MERIDIAN
donny121
New User

Re: Heater blower problem

Post by donny121 »

Hi, thanks....