c5 leather seats

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

thefrenchconnection
My Cars:

c5 leather seats

Post by thefrenchconnection »

been offered a set of electric heated seats for my c5 ,the interior seats in it at the moment are standard sx non electic non heated seats ,my car is 2001 and the leather seats are from a 2001 car to,i presume they go straight in no problems and are the plugs connectors there for the electrics?

marc
2001 c5 2.0hdi sx
oneday
My Cars:

Re: c5 leather seats

Post by oneday »

feel under the front seats you should be able to feel the connection plugs. you may need to have the electric seat operation activated by a lexia to power the system up
C5 2.0 HDI VTR 2003 ICELANDIC GREY
306 1.4 LX MERIDIAN
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Post by qprdude »

Switches? Are they on the seats or the dash/centre console?
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.
thefrenchconnection
My Cars:

im hoping there on the seats buying of the net so waiting for pics to be emailed.

marc
2001 c5 2.0hdi sx
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Post by qprdude »

From these pics, it looks like they are on the seat. I read something about an "ECU relay". Not sure if it's relevant though. The car will look good with leather.
Rick.

thefrenchconnection
My Cars:

just searched for posts regarding this and everyone says its easy seats are easy fit and they say something about a 80amp maxi fuse,leather is cream so look nice when done.

marc
2001 2.0hdi sx
qprdude

Post by qprdude »

OOps, forgot the link to the pics.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/01-04-CITROEN ... 20cdb2c060" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rick.

jgra1
(Donor 2021)
My Cars: 2010 C5 X7 2.0 hdi 160 exc auto
MG TF 135
Boxer II 2.2 camper conversion
BMW R1200RT
BMW K1300 R
Honda V F R 800 5thG / MT500 Armstrong

Post by jgra1 »

yep put cream leather in my dark blue.. was a while ago but think it was a straightforward fit.. yes as said, I have a feeling I needed a maxi fuse for the engine bay fuse board.. you have to sort of lift it up a bit to find the missing fuse holder, on the side if i remember..
got a feeling there are two fuses inside the car that need to be there too

:)
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

I fitted a set of these in mine and they are very nice, the only problem I found that was I couldn't lift the front high enough to support my legs, I solved this by removing the spacers from the front bolts on the old seats and adding them to the replacements.

You will need to remove the under bonnet fuse board and you will find a space for the 80a fuse along the front edge.

I am about to change them over again into my nice metalic red 2.0 Hdi estate. Mine are black by the way from a low mileage car, I still had to repair one though :(

If you are changeing the rear seats as I suspect you are, make sure the centre seat belt is present as they are a pain to change.

Peter
thefrenchconnection
My Cars:

decided not to buy them as the driver seat looked to worn but now have another problem the passenger side rear footwell had half a inch of water in it yesterday morning thought maybe the door wasnt shut properly so i mopped it up and this morning it was full again thinking maybe the door seals have gone dont really want to splash out on new seats till i solve the water problem.

marc
2001 2.0hdi sx
mooseshaver
My Cars:

Post by mooseshaver »

Check windscreen scuttle seal too. I don't know how you check but my 56 plate got damp in passenger footwell and required new seal. Was fine after that.
C5 III Tourer 2.0 HDi 163 Auto Exclusive
Gone cars.
C5 2.2 HDi Exclusive Estate auto 57. Awesome car. Sadly Could not be fixed by Citroen.
C5 1.6 HDi VTR Estate 56. Traded in.
C5 2.2 HDi SX Estate 02. Drowned in the floods of 09.
C3 1.4 HDi 92 SX 52.
Saxo 1.1 East Coast.
thefrenchconnection
My Cars:

found the leak after taking the door card off its coming in from the top lefthand corner of the door i presume the exterior weatherseal has gone or maybe the full seal in the window apeture ordered a new weather seal from citroen going to be here in new year bought some gaffer tape to stick on the inside for now can anyone advise any other temporary bodges for now till the parts come.

marc
2001 2.0hdi sx