Mystery VIN plate

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Northern_Mike

Mystery VIN plate

Post by Northern_Mike »

I wonder if one of you knowledgeable chaps could tell me what this VIN plate is off, then, in the words of the person who owns it... "we can build the right car...."

My memory seems to think it's from a 2CV, probably one of mine, built in 1987 or thereabouts.
citronut
My Cars:

Re: Mystery VIN plate

Post by citronut »

im sure its A series Mr A C X two horse editor from the CCC will know for sure, he would probably tell you when it left the production line and which factory it came out of,

i have posted a link to this request on the CCC forum
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
TooMany2cvs
My Cars:

Re: Mystery VIN plate

Post by TooMany2cvs »

Somewhere around late AM78, maybe early AM79 2cv6.

My first 2cv was AZ KA 48KA5341, so that's an easy one... Mine was a May 1978 first-reg Rouge Geranium drummer, TWB152S. Bought in 1986, when I was 15. 8yr old 2cv, rotten in places (but not by modern standards!), seized brakes. £300 as an MOT fail. Took it to pieces, spread it across my parents drive for three years...

<checks>
http://www.cats-citroen.net/citroen/serialnumbers.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AM79 started at 50KA5001, so there y'go.

Dual demisters, drum brake, single choke carb (maybe one of the very first with twin-choke), big dash & door trims, square lights.
Adrian
toomany2cvs (a) gmail.com
A miscellany of motorised silliness, from 0.75bhp to 9ft tall.
http://www.WhereverTheRoadGoes.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;