Citroen C5 Mk 1 rear door window problem

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Naas
New User

Citroen C5 Mk 1 rear door window problem

Post by Naas »

The Plastic Pin holding rear door glass to window regulator come adrift, resulting in window going up, but only coming down with some help. Also when closing window with window control switch on door, the glass does not stop at the top, it continued moving by changing direction at the top, and goes down about 100mm before stopping.
After inserting the pin holding glass to regulator, the glass still did not stop at the top, it still continoued to switch direction at top and go down about 100 mm below the top of the window aperture before stopping.
I tried to reset it at the top, by keeping the window switch in for 10 sec (with glass at the top), but this does not work as the window starts moving down as soon as you touch the switch. Disconnecting the battery for 5 minutes (with glass at the top) also did not reset the window's top position.
You can toggle the glass to the top, but as soon as the wipers come on, the window opens again by about 100 mm.
Any suggestions of how I can reset the window's top position ?
coastline taxis

Re: Citroen C5 Mk 1 rear door window problem

Post by coastline taxis »

its your anfi pinch doing what its suposed to do. Have a look round the rubber tracks that the window sits in for /muck/corrosion or anything obstructing the run of the window also lube (silicone spray or wd) them up so they have a easy run
pgaertner
New User

Post by pgaertner »

I had exactly the same problem and tried both reset procedures described in this thread, but neither worked. The window still insisted on opening again after reaching the top and stopped about a third of the way down. As stated in this thread, you can nudge the window to the top so that it stays closed, but activating the wipers will cause it to open again. This is obviously because the computer thinks that the window is still open.

Here is how I fixed mine......I pressed the switch fully to operate the automatic closing of the window. The window went up to the top and then came back down about one third of the way. So I figured that this is where the computer thinks that the window is closed. So I removed the door trim, removed the four screws holding the motor to the regulator, pulled the motor away from the regulator mechanism and manually pushed the window to the fully closed position. I then reattached the motor and the window now operates perfectly.

To be honest, I'm not sure if what I did interferes with the programming of the window, but the fact is it works and did not cost me anything, so I hope this can help others too. I searched the internet extensively for solutions, but so far have only found the two reset procedures - one by holding the switch and the other by disconnecting the battery - but those certainly didn't work for me.
Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

The handbook describes the procedure, see here;

http://stempy.dnsdojo.net/~stempy/Citro ... red/64.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It infuriates me to be wrong when I know I'm right

Lexia ponce

http://perception.dyndns.biz/~avengineering/index.htm
pgaertner
New User

Post by pgaertner »

What Naas and I both pointed out is that this reset procedure does not work in some cases, which is why I posted a solution which did work for me.