Help clearing dpf low additive fault please

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

horsedentist

Help clearing dpf low additive fault please

Post by horsedentist »

Whilst clearing the catalogue of faults listed on the lexia when I plugged it into my C5 project car I had a low additive fault on main ecu and temporary fault additive low on the dpf ecu.

There was no low additive message flagging up on the incar display and no anti pollution fault coming up on the incar display (well not related to the additive anyway).

DPF was blocked solid and this was flagged on the incar display.

I have cleaned and refitted the DPF and refilled the additive tank put 4 litres in it, I have reset the dpf ecu back to zero for the amount of additive in DPF and reset the additive tank to 4 litres of additive. I have gone through the reset procedure fastidiously and the additive low fault changes to temporary fault on DPF ecu and I can clear it, I then cleared the same messages on the engine ecu as per lexia instructions but when I run the car the fault message comes back on the engine ecu. However it doesn't come back on the DPF ecu.

Any pointers?
horsedentist

Re: Help clearing dpf low additive fault please

Post by horsedentist »

Anyone cracked this before?
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

I cannot remember specifics however on this forum I remember reading one model you had to replace the additive ECU as it was not really resettable. I don't think that's your case though as it may not show the reset option if that was true but its something to bear in mind.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
horsedentist

Post by horsedentist »

Yes I read that but I have a, now dead, c5 here that I tried to do a reset on before and there was no option on the ecu to change the fluid amount so I think this one has been upgraded at some time it has done 136k so presumably it has been topped up before.