Exclusive 2.0 Hdi front door winder regulator

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Edhertz
(Donor 2022)
My Cars:

Exclusive 2.0 Hdi front door winder regulator

Post by Edhertz »

Have any of you good people out there got, or can direct me to a place where where I can find, a diagram of the front door electric winder/regulator mechanism? Glass went into free fall inside door with a tidy little bird's nest on the winder drum on my way home late last night, luckily it wasn't raining. Thanks for looking.
Alan
1999 Xantia Exclusive 2.0Hdi Mauritius blue
1999 Peugeot LX 1.9D silver
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Re: Exclusive 2.0 Hdi front door winder regulator

Post by citroenxm »

Which Door do you want??

Series 2 Exclusive winders are common to S2 for the Drivers door, but unique for the other three winders..

The regulator is a fully intergrated motor and window guide with a cable and plastic mount for the window.. There are a couple of people who can repair them, or you could buy another and replace it complete.
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

I had this problem on my previous Xantia, on the drivers' door. It seems that the previous owner had tried to open the window when it was frozen shut, and the spool was knackered, and the cables were kinked. I managed to get a replacement unit from e-bay (minus the motor, but that wasn't a problem as mine was OK). It cost me less than the one I have just found on e-bay;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Citroen-Xanti ... 3f1ef7d619" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

but I think this should do for your car PROVIDED it is for the drivers' door.

However, on some mechanisms the window is moved by a plastic part that can fail, and if it does, the cables can go spaghetti on you. If the clip has failed then this is probably what you are after (also for the drivers' door);

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Citroen-Xanti ... 3f1ef7d619" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It is a REAL PITA to re-fit the cables. If either the spool or either of the cables are damaged don't bother, it will only come off again (you can guess how I know this!).

If you feel that it is repairable, get ready for about an hour of mind-numbing boredom (possibly with swearing as the cable make ANOTHER bid for freedom). Starting with the spool, wind both cables onto it so that they take up half each (The grooves should be almost completely full). Holding them in place, get somebody to put some tape over the spool to (try and) hold them in place, but in such a way as to allow fitting to take place. Place the spool into place, and then fit the motor (to hold the spool in place).

If you had to get a new one, fit the sliding part onto the slide. Take the "UP" cable over its' wheel, and then down and fit it to the clip. Take the "DOWN" cable and fit it to the clip as well (but NOT yet over the lower wheel). Now for the hard bit (effort is DEFINITELY required).

There is a weird plastic arm that is sprung to keep the tension on the cables (two parts; arm and spring). I recommend you check the way this fits onto the mechanism (I am assuming it came off when the cables went "Sproing", it normally does (Yes, you're right in how I know!). Once you are satisfied on how it fits together, assemble these parts.

Now take the "DOWN" cable, and pass it over the lower wheel. There is now VERY little slack to play with. This has to pass over the groove in the arm. I struggled to fit it, but I found removing the motor didn't help, as the spool spun and let the cables get away AGAIN! Care and effort will pay off. Once it is all back together remove the tape.

Once you have got it all back together you will find that the anti-pinch control will need to be reset. When you wind the window back up it will stop ever inch or so. Keep winding it up until it is fully up.

Good luck, it is possible.

James
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
Edhertz
(Donor 2022)
My Cars:

Post by Edhertz »

Thanks folks for your very comprehensive replies. It is the passenger side front that's gone awol. Turns out to be a broken window clip. I've had to dress the winder drum up a bit and the cables look ok so should be able to use again. Replacement clip on order from fleabay. Looking forward to putting it back together! Sod's law says the other side will go miles from home, in the rain, so best to look / replace in due course.
Alan
1999 Xantia Exclusive 2.0Hdi Mauritius blue
1999 Peugeot LX 1.9D silver
citroenxm

Post by citroenxm »

Drivers side is NOT an issue.. it is common to All series two facelift xantia so easily found.. its only the other three on exclusive that are unique to them as they are all anti pinch one touch ..

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Paul, how different are the assemblies between manual and electric? Are the cables different lengths?

What about similarity across multiple vehicles, is the motor and cable drum such the same on (say) the NSF window of a 306, to a Xantia?

If anyone is likely to know, I figure it's you!

p.s. No towbars spare?
citroenxm

Post by citroenxm »

Well, funny enough Adam, I have a manual rear, well actually a couple of manual rear about, never compared them...

Towbar, beleve it or not, YES I do have a Hatch towbar, but its still on the car, and just now, Im not prepared to go crawling under the car to remove it.. Its on an S2 1999 HDi Xantia...

You've a long drive to collect it.. :wink: :lol:

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Which type of ball fixing?
citroenxm

Post by citroenxm »

Standard fixed neck bolted ball hitch.. hence why i didn't answer yur own wanted ad Adam.. sorry..

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto