Repaint my 2007 C5

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

begins
My Cars:

Repaint my 2007 C5

Post by begins »

Hi all,

Contemplating to repaint my 2007 C5 but wondering which color suit the car best?

The current colour is dark greyish tone and I wonder what is the code and name of the paint (I’m not the 1st owner)?

Do you guys know where to find information on the original colour types of this C5?

Right now, I thought either Ferrari Red or plain white might looks nice....perhaps a combination of Red/White is not a bad idea too :-D .

Regards,
oneday
My Cars:

Re: Repaint my 2007 C5

Post by oneday »

your paint code will be on the lable on the drivers door opening along with tyre pressures and rpo nimber.
C5 2.0 HDI VTR 2003 ICELANDIC GREY
306 1.4 LX MERIDIAN
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Post by qprdude »

Sounds like Icelandic Grey.
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

Our C5 estate is also dark grey, its called Hurricane Grey but I don't have the paint code to hand. It's on the sticker in the drivers door shut. I actually really like the colour and wish my C5 was in that shade! Though I do like the Icelandic Grey which mine is.

You could get white C5s, I really don't think its a colour for them. There is a 2007 C5 estate around the corner from here, it just looks too much in such a plain and bright colour. White can work on some cars, but the C5 is not one, in my opinion.

There are lots of nice C5 colours, I really like the Deep Red, Nova Green and I really like Ganache - a rare colour but it was available on the C5II. Looks great. I always wanted a red one, but you get what you find in a good car. I did go to look at a Sable Gold C5II which was a VTR but with the optional parking pack (front and rear sensors, electrically folding door mirrors) and the directional Xenon headlights. Part of the reason I didn't go for it was the colour! Looking back I should have bought it, as it was very good value, if high miles for its age.

I'm not sure what colour I would paint a C5 if I had the chance,
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

Citroenmad wrote: I'm not sure what colour I would paint a C5 if I had the chance,
Yellow, with white alloys and a black stripe down the centre of the bonnet, roof and tailgate.
begins
My Cars:

Post by begins »

Rattiva_Mike wrote:
Citroenmad wrote: I'm not sure what colour I would paint a C5 if I had the chance,
Yellow, with white alloys and a black stripe down the centre of the bonnet, roof and tailgate.
Are you a Transformer Fan? It looks to me like a Bumble Bee car color scheme :-D .

Regards,
begins
My Cars:

Post by begins »

Citroenmad wrote:Our C5 estate is also dark grey, its called Hurricane Grey but I don't have the paint code to hand. It's on the sticker in the drivers door shut. I actually really like the colour and wish my C5 was in that shade! Though I do like the Icelandic Grey which mine is.

You could get white C5s, I really don't think its a colour for them. There is a 2007 C5 estate around the corner from here, it just looks too much in such a plain and bright colour. White can work on some cars, but the C5 is not one, in my opinion.

There are lots of nice C5 colours, I really like the Deep Red, Nova Green and I really like Ganache - a rare colour but it was available on the C5II. Looks great. I always wanted a red one, but you get what you find in a good car. I did go to look at a Sable Gold C5II which was a VTR but with the optional parking pack (front and rear sensors, electrically folding door mirrors) and the directional Xenon headlights. Part of the reason I didn't go for it was the colour! Looking back I should have bought it, as it was very good value, if high miles for its age.

I'm not sure what colour I would paint a C5 if I had the chance,
Ganache is more like the maroon color, which is nice too. My wife loves it :-D .

I like the elegance of white but as you have said, too much white is dull. Alternatively, how about having the roof painted back with the body in white?

Also, I like the C6 but too expensive and rare for me to get one. I like the attached colour scheme.
geneva-2011-citroen-c6-noir-et-blanc-live-photos-medium_6.jpg
Regards,
bxzx16v
My Cars: Past Frenchies , 4xBx16v,1xBxGti,1xBxTzd,2xZx Volcanes,1xZx reflex,1xPug 405mi16, 3x Xantia 1.9td's,1x Xantia activa, 2x Renault 25 V6 turbo, 1 Zx16v ,1 Pug 406 V6 coupe ,1x C8 , 1x Berlingo van , 1x Xanti 2.1td , 1x Renault Laguna 3

Post by bxzx16v »

I wouldn't paint it a different colour myself , as soon as you pull the bonnet there's the original colour , and there's all the doors to paint . Unless your doing it yourself the cost for a good job would be expensive .

Mark
2009 Landrover Freelander 2 TD4se (killed an Audi) , sadly now gone .
2012 Landrover Freelander 2 SD4 AUTO Love it . Now gone .
2014 Ford Bmax 1.0 Ecoboost Zetec . Fantastic little machine .Gone now.
2014 Ford Focus 2.0 Tdci Zetec S with the French heart.
begins
My Cars:

Post by begins »

bxzx16v wrote:I wouldn't paint it a different colour myself , as soon as you pull the bonnet there's the original colour , and there's all the doors to paint . Unless your doing it yourself the cost for a good job would be expensive .

Mark
It will be a very tedious job. The car will be in the paint shop for at least the next 14 days. They have to 1st strip off your original colour in order to repaint a different colour.

Regards,
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

I've seen that white and black C6, it does look great, maybe it could work on a C5.
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

begins wrote: They have to 1st strip off your original colour in order to repaint a different colour.
Regards,
they dont need to stip the original paint back, just a standard re/spray is quite expensive and striping it right back is even more costly,
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
begins
My Cars:

Post by begins »

citronut wrote:
begins wrote: They have to 1st strip off your original colour in order to repaint a different colour.
Regards,
they dont need to stip the original paint back, just a standard re/spray is quite expensive and striping it right back is even more costly,
Yes, the cheaper and quicker alternative would be to just paint over the original paint. However, from what I was told, a perfect job is to 1st strip away original paint and respray with the desired paint. This is double the price.

Regards,
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

begins wrote:
citronut wrote:
Regards,
Yes, the cheaper and quicker alternative would be to just paint over the original paint. However, from what I was told, a perfect job is to 1st strip away original paint and respray with the desired paint. This is double the price.

Regards,
this would usually be the way to go if it were an older/classic car with 10 dozen coats of paint, but with the C5 it shouldn't have much paint if any over what it left the factory wearing
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years