Xantia ABS wiring

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

robertgillatt
My Cars:

Xantia ABS wiring

Post by robertgillatt »

Does anyone know where I can find a reliable ABS wiring diagram. I have an intermittent ABS warning coming up, the nature of this indicates that it could easily be a poor connection ( not surprising on a '94 model ). The Haynes manual [:(] is not helpful.
Thanks guys.
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

Intermermittent operation if the ABS warning light is generally faulty wiring to the wheel sensor and can be difficult to trace. As a first step disconnect each sensor and test for continuity. The chances are that they will all read correctly with the car static, and I think the next proper test is to drive round and at the same time monitor their performance using an oscilloscope.
What I have done sucessfully a couple of times is to connect the sensor to an audio amplifier and drive round listening to the hum, the bangs as the wheels go over potholes, and what you really want to hear - the crackles.
Audio amplifier - got a cassette recorder with a microphone input?
Jeremy
David Goddard
My Cars:

Post by David Goddard »

Go to this link for the ABS wiring http://www.andyspares.com/discussionfor ... IC_ID=1203
If the light was permanently on, it's likly to be an open-circuit wheel sensor. Intermitent faults are either a paricularly low output from a sensor (bent sensor or some iron shunting out the magnetic gap on the sensor) or a poor connector. Frankly, the quickest way is to have a Citroen dealer download the fault codes.
Takes 5 mins. and £20. That should tell you which wheel is affected. Otherwise getting to the connectors is well tricky! They are all tucked away.