C3 Sensodrive Gearbox ECU Fitting

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Citroen154
My Cars:

C3 Sensodrive Gearbox ECU Fitting

Post by Citroen154 »

Hi,
Does anyone know please if the Gearbox ECU for the C3 Sensodrive is Plug and Play, or does it need programming after fitting ?
wheeler
My Cars:

Re: C3 Sensodrive Gearbox ECU Fitting

Post by wheeler »

Are you using a brand new or a used gearbox ECU ?
You generally need to set up the clutch & gear change actuators with Lexia. A brand new one probably won't work until this is done, a used one may work straight away but might not drive very well till the clutch & gearbox actuator set up is done as it will be set to the biting point etc of a different car.
Citroen154
My Cars:

Post by Citroen154 »

I'm thinking in terms of a new one.
It's all just been set up, but reverse gear has disappeared again.
Since it's had a new clutch and actuator and gearbox actuator, plus gearbox stripped and rebuilt with new selectors as a precaution I can now only think that it's the ECU.
I was trying to establish if the ECU comes ready to fit and I could just fit it, or if it needs a new setup on Lexia.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

When you done the previous setup it's set up on that ECU so you would need to do it again. The car probably wont start till this is done as it wont know if it's in neutral or not, you also need to program the correct tyre size into the ECU aswell. Even if it did start & drive straight away I would still highly recomend getting it set up again as you may not get optimum driveability & it could burn out the clutch prematurely if the biting point is not set correctly.
Just to rule out a problem with the gear 'lever' (actually an electrical switch) have it in neutral & unplug the lever/switch then pull the downshift gearchange paddle twice, This is the back up to get it in reverse if the 'lever' fails. It's worth a shot before splashing out on a new ECU.