Engine torque regulator fault C5

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

horsedentist

Engine torque regulator fault C5

Post by horsedentist »

Well have solved the DPF problem on the 2.2 hdi now not going in to limp mode every few miles.
I have also got rid of all of the associated fault messages that were coming up on the lexia I now only have 2 persistent ones left to fix one is "Post heating short to positive" which I assume is a dead glow plug but the one that is really bugging me is " Temporary fault - Engine Torque Regulator" This is showing on the ABS and Injection, no brake fault is showing on the dash but the esp/asr keeps dropping out and the service light comes on. The car does not go in to limp mode though. It seems to happen mainly when the car is hot and ticking over and then will persist until the car is parked up for about 30 mins it will then reset it's self and may stay off for the rest of the day or may come back on straight away if the car is not driven straight off.

Any one have any clues please.
horsedentist

Re: Engine torque regulator fault C5

Post by horsedentist »

Any thoughts anyone?
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

I'm afraid not sir :( Is it possible to drill deeper into the ABS ECU or Engine ECU to get more of a clue?
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
horsedentist

Post by horsedentist »

Well that's the problem folks there ain't nothing else in there just this fault regarding engine torque and the post heat short. Apart from that it says its a happy little computer :-D