Seat belt extender - C5

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Joncarpet
My Cars:

Seat belt extender - C5

Post by Joncarpet »

Although there is enough room across the back seat of my 2002 C5 estate for 2 booster seats and a baby seat, they are very close together and the older kids can't put their hands between the seas to click the seat belts in. Which means that I have to and it bloody hurts!!
I've seen on tinternet some extenders which look like they could be ideal.
However, the C5 seat belt has quite a small hole in the clip, and the extension bits seem to have a big hole.
Does anyone know if they would fit or not?

The ones I've seen are on a taxi website and it says will fit a C5, but it doesn't give a year.

Thanks in advance!
2002 C5 2.0 HDi SX estate
rhysdavis

Re: Seat belt extender - C5

Post by rhysdavis »

Having a larger hole on the clip of the extender wouldn't matter. A larger hole would allow it to fit a variety of different vehicles, but a small hole means it's use would be limited. It wouldn't come out because the mechanism inside the clip hooks round the hole. I drive wheelchair adapted vans some of which have an extender to allow the seatbelt to go round the person in the wheelchair and if memory serves me correctly the hole on that is larger than the one on the actual seatbelt. My dog has a seatbelt harness with a universal clip that fits any car seatbelt clip, the hole in that is enormous compared to the one on the car seatbelt and it's very secure. Obviously securing a child in a car is an important safety issue and you would have to check what the instructions of the child seat you are using say. On many child seats the buckle has to come below a certain height on the seat to avoid causing failure of the seat and the buckle in an accident so the extender would probably have to be very short.