ZX 1.4i

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mil
My Cars:

ZX 1.4i

Post by mil »

Hi, Help!!.
On left, and now right hand sweeps the steering/wheels, whatever, clunks away quite merrily. Not too high a revolution so i've no idea how it relates to wheel revs. Have been assured it's not worn cv joints but no other explanation given. Has been like that for a couple of years, but, damn annoying. Please, any sugestions as to avenues to explore. Regretably cost is an issue.
andy hannett
My Cars:

Post by andy hannett »

Hi,
had a similar problem on my 405 a few years back and it turned out that the bearings at the top of the suspension turrets were knackered.
My steering made a clunking noise whenever you turned the wheel whether the car was moving or not.
Sorry to tell you but it involves a suspension removal, and you can guess the length of time it takes.
Hope this is of help.
Regards
mil
My Cars:

Post by mil »

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Hi, Help!!.
On left, and now right hand sweeps the steering/wheels, whatever, clunks away quite merrily. Not too high a revolution so i've no idea how it relates to wheel revs. Have been assured it's not worn cv joints but no other explanation given. Has been like that for a couple of years, but, damn annoying. Please, any sugestions as to avenues to explore. Regretably cost is an issue.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>
mil
My Cars:

Post by mil »

Hi
Thanks for the reply, and apologies for the delay, new to this forum lark. Anyway, seems probable, I've tested whilst crawling along in a traffic jam, whilst crawling along under clutch-in-gear mode and gently applying the accelarator, definitely a cunk up there somewhere. I'll have to investigate further over Xmas

[/quote]