Service Time

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Timmy69
My Cars:

Service Time

Post by Timmy69 »

Hi Guys I am gonna service my Xantia Hdi this weekend and just need some advice on filters and oil and such.I was thinking of getting this kit.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AIR-OIL-FUEL- ... 43afe5d6a9" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and also using Magnatech oil,What do you guys think ?

Timmy
(Donor 2017)
My Cars: Citroen C5 2.0 Hdi 2003

Re: Service Time

Post by 411514 »

That kit does seem remarkably good value, however the quality of aftermarket filters and parts generally is sometimes a bit of an unknown. With regards to air and pollen filters aftermarket is probably fine as the function of these is not quite so technical.
However i really would stick to genuine citroen fuel and oil filters.
Part no's Oil: 1109t1
Fuel: 1906a6 (I believe, this is correct for same engine in c5, if im wrong i imagine someone will correct)
With a bit of patience on ebay you will probably be able to track down both for around £5 each.
With regards to oil, total quartz 9000 5w-40 fully synth is the manufacturer recommended so you probably cant do any better than that, however recently it has become quite expensive.
I am currently trying out eurocarparts triple qx oil as they sell the correct spec for around £15 inc p+p after their various discounts.
sam
Edit: If you would like me to confirm the compatibility of the parts mentioned above or find citroen part no's for the other filters than feel free to pm me your vin
Sam

2003 C5 2.0HDI 110
lurchy666
My Cars: citroen c5 hdi 2.2 auto estate

Post by lurchy666 »

thats the kit i got when i first got my hdi, ive had no problems with it, postage was quick as well irc
c5 2.2 auto hdi estate 52 reg
Timmy69
My Cars:

Post by Timmy69 »

What's a cabin filter and where does that go ?
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

The cabin filter is also known as the pollen filter, and fits in a mounting underneath the glove box. There are several plastic screws holding the carpeting in place (4 or 5, IIRC, but I could be wrong). Once this can drop down you will see the filter housing, with a cover that slides (the direction is usually indicated), and may have a securing screw to stop it moving on its own. Once you have the cover open the filter can be removed. The slot is keyed, so you have to get the filter the right way round.

I think the screws are Torx, T10 or T20. You will find a torch useful, dry ground (you will be on your knees by the passenger door), and a contortionist as an assistant would be invaluable.

The first time you change one of these takes time (learning curve), but then it takes 20 minutes each time after that, 10 minutes if you hurry.

When you change the fuel filter be BL00DY careful to make sure that you keep everything SPOTLESSLY clean. The high pressure pump and common rail system are VERY sensitive to dirt and will express their displeasure in no uncertain terms. The Haynes manual makes this very clear. I am not telling you this to put you off, but to make sure you don't have avoidable problems or expenses.
Last edited by Hell Razor5543 on 05 Dec 2012, 19:09, edited 2 times in total.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Post by citroenxm »

Hell Razor5543 wrote:The cabin filter is also known as the pollen filter, and fits in a mounting underneath the glove box. There are several plastic screws holding the carpeting in place (4 or 5, IIRC, but I could be wrong). Once this can drop down you will see the filter housing, with a cover that slides (the direction is usually indicated), and may have a securing screw to stop it moving on its own. Once you have the cover open the filter can be removed. The slot is keyed, so you have to get the filter the right way round.
Located to the RIGHT of the blower motor (towards the centre console...
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
Timmy69
My Cars:

Post by Timmy69 »

Ok Guys,Thanks for the info its much appreciated.:)

Timmy