2001 C5 2.2 diagnostic connector/cable?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Monkeyfeet
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: C5:Hatch & an Esatate. Real cruisemobiles.

Re: 2001 C5 2.2 diagnostic connector/cable?

Post by Monkeyfeet »

Hi typeAlpha. Sorry I missed your earlier question. I flashed mine first time no probs (sorry!) - I could take a pic of the Galetto cable and disc if that would help. To actually rid the DPF successfully I downloaded and used Ecusafe's dpf-OFF option. Agree with Richard in that the BSI on it's own doesn't seem to work to do this. In the past I've posted that I just used Ecusafe / Galetto and other have said that the BSI alteration is need as well (??). So good job you can access the BSI I 'spose!
ps mine's a 2002 '52 plate mk1 2.2.
XantiaTD's(all gone). BXGTi, sold (sob). C5 2.2Hdi SE Exc Hatch. C5 2.2 Estate auto. Xsara Hdi estate. Yam YZF750, Zoom. GSX-S750, mmm.
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

Monkeyfeet wrote:In the past I've posted that I just used Ecusafe / Galetto and other have said that the BSI alteration is need as well (??). So good job you can access the BSI I 'spose!
From what I recall I believe you're correct, the friend who did this used the same method as you describe then brought the car to me for a Lexia session just to see if any faults had been logged post defap, AFAIK nothing had but I know that the defap worked perfectly well.

Prior to carrying out the procedure above I spent many hours going through Lexia (genuine dealer one) but no matter what I tried nothing would permanently rid the car of faults relating to low Eolys/blocked particulate filter and so on.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
typeAlpha
My Cars:

Post by typeAlpha »

Well I finally got to read my ECU using the MPPS I bought no problem, looks like my Galletto cable was indeed faulty!

Nathan at http://www.check-light-on.co.uk is now modding my file to remove the nasty DPF and give a remap for a small boost in power. Hopefully I'll update later how it goes, fingers crossed. :)
C5 2.2 HDi SX
Monkeyfeet
(Donor 2022)

Post by Monkeyfeet »

Would definitely be interested in any news on that front - esp the small boost in power bit. Could be a useful file, that one.
XantiaTD's(all gone). BXGTi, sold (sob). C5 2.2Hdi SE Exc Hatch. C5 2.2 Estate auto. Xsara Hdi estate. Yam YZF750, Zoom. GSX-S750, mmm.
typeAlpha
My Cars:

Post by typeAlpha »

Car flashed with new file, limp mode gone completely and now feels a lot more torquey, all anti pollution faults gone - all that remains is a fault relating to ESP/ABS but I'm going to try disconnecting the battery tomorrow to see if it clears it.

Does feel a good bit quicker but it's hard to tell how much of that is placebo because it's been in limp mode for so long lol, I do believe there is a genuine increase in power though. :-D
C5 2.2 HDi SX
typeAlpha
My Cars:

Post by typeAlpha »

Looks like I spoke to soon, started car this morning for work and antipollution fault is back and car won't go over 4000rpm. I don't get it, car ran brilliant last night :(
C5 2.2 HDi SX
mick66773

Post by mick66773 »

Hi Sorry to hear about your problems, I bought a Gellatto lead with a disc of software, only one program would work, this read my ECU and stored to my laptop, I am yet to workout how to modify.
The plug is the OBDII that plugs into the left (Black Port) when fully pressed home a red light will appear on the side of the plug. The Limp Mode seems to place your car into a gutless lump and will not rev passed 3k. Hope this helps a little.
Monkeyfeet
(Donor 2022)

Post by Monkeyfeet »

typeAlpha, you still have probs? Now the engine's breathing better it may highlight any vacuum errors (my current obsession I admit) - don't forget the turbo needs full vacuum / no leaks. Alarm should clear after a couple of starts and will only appear when booted though.

mick66773 what in the map are you planning to modify, if you don't mind me asking?