Xantia 1.9d hesitation issues

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Re: Xantia 1.9d hesitation issues

Post by spider »

That waxstat operation is about right. As it warms, the cable expands out a little bit. It does not move a great deal really anyway though.

Good to hear there's progress on the switch too. :)
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
mirafioriman

Post by mirafioriman »

Started it from cold this morning and it started much better. It wasn't that cold here today but there was a hard frost about when I left the house at 7:45. I returned home in it from work tonight at 6PM and it ran ok hot and cold so hopefully all is ok now.
Former Proud owner of a 1994 Citroen Xantia 1.9d and BX 19RD

Now driving an Alfa 159 but god I miss the Xantia!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

mirafioriman wrote: It also seems that the waxstat isn't just on or off. It seems to extend gradually, lowering the idle from a coolant temperature of around 40 degrees. Seems to be fully off around an indicated 60 degrees or so.
Yes, that's absolutely correct operation...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
mirafioriman

Post by mirafioriman »

Well, it starts properly and idles correctly hot and cold, however, I'm still not totally convinced it's quite right yet.

I'm still feeling that it is 'holding back' a little now and again. It seems to happen a few minutes after cold start up. I'm going to clean the contacts in the pump advance switch (which I should have done before I fitted it ::) ) for a start. Haven't got round to checking the valve clearances yet.
Former Proud owner of a 1994 Citroen Xantia 1.9d and BX 19RD

Now driving an Alfa 159 but god I miss the Xantia!