C5 2005 headlight directional fault

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

johntom

C5 2005 headlight directional fault

Post by johntom »

Hi
Another fault, when i switch on the headlights I get headlight level fault and then headlight directional fault, complete with flashing headlight symbol.
I have lexia (new to it) how do I track down the fault?
Muggle
My Cars: Citroen BX diesel turbo (a long time ago)
Peugeot 406 2.1 diesel saloon (after the BX)
Peugeot 406 Hdi 2.0 Estate after the 405)
Rover 75 2.0d Connoisseur saloon (Fantastic BMW engine, all the toys - stolen in Italy)
Citroen C5 2.0 diesel Exclusive Tourer (Blissful suspension, so relaxing, but ridiculously unreliable electronics, but I've had it for 5 years and will miss it somehow.)
Current: Peugeot 407 Sports Coupe 16v 2.0 diesel (quiet, quick, handling and cornering very nice, suspension a little hard - can I have my C5 back, please?, lol).
4 Jobs (that I know of):
1. Fit towbar (I'm a caravanner)
2. Fit 'Connect2' bluetooth handsfree
3. Fit front proximity sensors
4. Enjoy

Re: C5 2005 headlight directional fault

Post by Muggle »

I understand this is an old post, but I'm searching for help with the identical problem on my 2006 2.0 Hdi C5 Exclusive Estate, both headlight level fault and directional fault, flashing indicator on dash, the lot. Did anyone answer this post or did johntom find an answer with lexia?

I don't have lexia, but am just starting the search for solution so any suggestions very welcome. KC
Muggle

possum ergo ago
Fake Concern
My Cars:

Post by Fake Concern »

Not sure if they are the same as C4 VTS, but I should think so. I have had 2 C4 VTSs with this fault & in both cases it was the rear level sensor.
Fake Concern, Volvo C30 T5 2011
Mrs Concern, Renault Moodus 1.6 Privilege 2004
Ms Concern No1, Pug 207 1.4 2008
Ms Concern No2, Citroen C4 VTS 2007
Captain Slow
My Cars: C5 Estate V6

Post by Captain Slow »

johntom wrote:Hi
Another fault, when i switch on the headlights I get headlight level fault and then headlight directional fault, complete with flashing headlight symbol.
I have lexia (new to it) how do I track down the fault?
Turn off direction headlamps for now.

9 time out of 10 the issue will be the rear light level sensor, located on the rear beam. Easy to change if you can get access.