Blocked Particle filter and turbo C5

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Lighty
My Cars:

Re: Blocked Particle filter and turbo C5

Post by Lighty »

I believe there is a strong case for the blocked DPF damaging the Turbo, for a start, there will be a huge increase in heat, and due to exhaust pressure , the turbine will be trying to stall, this cant be good. I have had to change at least two turbos because of dpf issues, and am in fact doing one now.
http://www.marklightfootltd.co.uk
Dacia Duster 1.5 dci
Renault Twizy Technic
Citroen C15
Citroen Ami
horsedentist

Post by horsedentist »

Hell Razor5543 wrote:I'd still do a "blaster" run up the motorway to make doubly sure, but it looks like you've cracked the simple job. Now convince your friend that his car is now working, is reliable (provided he takes note of warnings), and can be trusted.

Scary thing to do thought it was going to self destruct and with the black smoke too I think the neighbours thought we were burning tyres in the garage pmsl.
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

The main reason I suggested a "blaster" run is to clear out any residual particals, and as the engine is working at its' optimal performance (it's a diesel cruiser, after all), all the systems should be running cleanly. If you build up the speed gently, if anything starts to play up you should get sufficient warning to back off (and if you have a Lexia hooked up, so much the better). I don't suggest destroying the speed limit, just a long examination of where it is.

However, apart from Lightlys' post, everything so far looks like you've cracked it. As I have NO experience of turbo/DPF combinations, I cannot offer any advice. His experience would suggest taking care of the turbo until you know it is healthy (fingers crossed) or in need of TLC.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
SaabC5
My Cars: 09 C5 X7 2.0Hdi Exclusive

Post by SaabC5 »

I've seen several PSA group cars that have had blocked DPF's. They've been swapped out and then run at tickover for a couple of hours with black smoke belching out that eventually clears up, we've always put it down to residual carbon/crud in the system from the blockage burning off.
09 C5 X7 2.0Hdi Exclusive in Perla Nera black (the best colour) :wink: