Little plastic dogbone.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

cc101

Little plastic dogbone.

Post by cc101 »

Hi all, can anyone tell me if the little dogbone that attaches to the height correctors is meant to be straight when set at normal ride height or at an angle like when it's set on low or high?

Cheers, Chris.
Xantia 1.9 TD 1993 (sinker)
handyman
My Cars:

Re: Little plastic dogbone.

Post by handyman »

The angle of the dog bone to either the vertical or horizontal is immaterial. Height setting of the car is controlled by the location of the clamp, to which the dog bone attaches, on either the front or rear ARB. If either of the spring assemblies in the HC brackets are seized, this will affect all the settings of the components and hence the ride height of either the front or rear of the car.

Easiest way to check is to use the control lever, in the cabin to check the car in all four settings. The most critical is the 'normal' setting.

Adjustment of the car's ride height must only be undertaken with the car fully supported, ideally on a platform lift, as this will allow ease of adjustment.

Handyman
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

Actually the angle of the dog-bone does matter somewhat - it should be at right angles to the roll bar at normal height looking directly up from underneath.

Although it doesn't directly determine the height (that's set by the rotation of the roll-bar clamp) I find that if the dog-bone is not at right angles (eg the clamp is slid too far left or right along the roll bar) that height correction is not as accurate and can become asymmetric. (It doesn't correct as well upwards as it does downwards, or vica versa)

So make sure the dog-bone stays at right angles at normal height when adjusting the rotation of the clamp...
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
cc101

Post by cc101 »

Thanks for the replies guys.