Depollution fault

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

johntom

Re: Depollution fault

Post by johntom »

Hi
Just got a lexia and had a go with a global test:
It has 'dialogue' with 'injection' but under the fault column it brings up a question mark, not a 'yes' ?
When I try and go further it asks for the engine type ie RHY etc, I have tried all the 5 options but it suggests they are all incorrect, as anyone else had this and where do I find the engine code (it's a 2005 2.0 hdi 138)?
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Hello there,

You might want to check the VIN number of the car.
citroenxm wrote:There's an easyer way to find out what engine you have which you have ALL missed.. never mind piddleing about taking wheels off and all that crap.. a 90bhp engine has RHYL in the Vin number and a 110bhp has RHZ .. so it will read.. VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]........ for a 110 or VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff] ..... for a 90..

the Vin number on your mot or under the drivers side bonnet shut onto of the wing.... lift the bonnet and have a read...
I don't know if this helps, but it looks like it might.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
johntom

Post by johntom »

Hi
the Vin gives RHR, but thats not an option on my Lexia (the latest version, rhy, rhy,rhz, 2.2 and siemons). They all ask for me to check my choice and can't guarantee the accuracy etc, however the bottom option (siemons) is the only one that identifies a fault !!! The fault being - Permanent fault ' Pre-Post heating relay circuit Coherence'
When i expand on that it gives fault code P1351 (same as my generic reader gave me before i bought the lexia).

What is the cause of this fault and would it cause the 'Depollution fault' message ?
johntom

Post by johntom »

Hi
I have tried again with lexia and my £30 scantool, both give p1351 and p0098?
Can anyone suggest what the fault/cure is ?
oneday
My Cars:

Post by oneday »

p0098 i think is the intake air temp sensor if you google it there is alot about it and pics to show you what to look for
p1351 seems to be to do with the glow plugs not beeing supplied
C5 2.0 HDI VTR 2003 ICELANDIC GREY
306 1.4 LX MERIDIAN
johntom

Post by johntom »

thanks, i came up with inlet temp sensor 2? are there actually 2 if so which one is number 2
oneday
My Cars:

Post by oneday »

not sure but on the thread i looked at it did show a picture of the offending sensor mostly listed on peugeot sites
C5 2.0 HDI VTR 2003 ICELANDIC GREY
306 1.4 LX MERIDIAN