Xantia 2.0HDi X Reg 2000 model (Spheres)

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

kentc5
My Cars:

Re: Xantia 2.0HDi X Reg 2000 model (Spheres)

Post by kentc5 »

Well I went out and I started bouncing the front corners... of the car lolThe grey sphere driver's side strut, allowed movement of the suspension
The green passenger sphere (also with a citroen Logo on) did not allow any movement of the suspension it was rock hard!!! only the tyre sidewall allowed movement.
So lowered the car all the way down decompressed the system.
I had an oil filter removal tool that I bought this morning for £9 ... and it did a magnificent job first attempt.
When I unscrewed the sphere by hand it squirted a bit of fluid and then it was ok. The seal came out with the sphere I was under the impression the seal ring should have stayed inside the pipe for me to remove.
The new sphere is colour green as well and with a new seal, I installed the new seal in the pipe as it was meant to be nice and flush, then screwed the new sphere.
Switched on the engine ... a few up and downs ... topped up the suspension LHM Fluid with Total Plus. And all worked brilliant.
The suspension is now working brilliant... a bit more soft compared to the H3+ ofthe C5
But then I guess is will be :) really pleased!

Last edited by kentc5 on 15 Nov 2012, 13:28, edited 1 time in total.
Current Cars:
Citroen Xantia 3.0 V6 Exclusive ('98)
Alfa Romeo 166 2.0TS ('03)
Audi A6 C6 2.4 V6 SE ('05)
BMW 735i Individual M-Pack ('00)
Lexus GS300SE Navigator ('98)
Toyota Prius T-Spirit ('04)
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Excellent stuff :-D A corner sphere that squirts a jet of LHM at you as it is removed is nicely ruptured....
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
kentc5
My Cars:

Post by kentc5 »

Just uploaded some pics of the new girl ;) on this post
http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... 14&t=42104" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Current Cars:
Citroen Xantia 3.0 V6 Exclusive ('98)
Alfa Romeo 166 2.0TS ('03)
Audi A6 C6 2.4 V6 SE ('05)
BMW 735i Individual M-Pack ('00)
Lexus GS300SE Navigator ('98)
Toyota Prius T-Spirit ('04)
stevestix8
My Cars: Xantia SX H.d.i 2.0L (S reg, 98)

Post by stevestix8 »

Hi,

Nice fix. The spheres are the nicer job to do. A tip to know if the central sphere accumilator is working as it should is that it should give 3 ticks in quick succession about every minute (when engine running). If you can hear a tick from the accumilator less than every 20 - 30 secs then you should replace that aswell.

Just looked at the pics and yours is almost the same as mine. Though mine is the hatchback (with spoiler). I have done a fair bit of work to mine over the last 3 plus years. New pads, new piston seal (common prob), new transistors for air blower system (common prob), new spheres (3 front) and more. You will find alot of relevant info in previous posts. It is in your interests anyway to take the wheels off and check pads, discs and seal to piston. All easy to check and can make a big difference. When the car is set up and running well you should get close to 60 mpg extra urban (motorway) driving.

Steve
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Hello KentC5,

As well as doing Steves' checks, I would have a look at the rear calipers, as there is a known issue that affects Xantias (and C5s, so you might want to check that as well). It can be solved easily on the Xantias, but it is harder on the C5s, as the main bolts have probably had threadlock added (which is a bl00dy stupid idea, if you ask me). Pop off a rear wheel, look at the caliper from directly above, and what you want to see is [- ([ being caliper, while - is the disk). You don't want /- (/ being the caliper, and again the - is the disk). I hope this is understandable.

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... =3&t=38467" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you need Plus Gas, Euro Car Parts do carry it (well, in Reading at least)

I hope that you don't have the problem on either Citroen, but if you do this link works.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!