where's the hp diesel pump...last resort before selling

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

stu9

where's the hp diesel pump...last resort before selling

Post by stu9 »

I'm putting this here because folk are probably pissed off with the other thread now, and this is a last resort before i sell. This is from another from another forum and wondered where on the engine it is

P0230 code..

If this is the problem, where do I find this..

Replaced the solenoid on the top of the pump (the one thats held in by 3 small Torx screws) but to no avail, then removed and replaced the rubber 'O' Ring (Very small GREEN one) and found a small tear/slight score in the old one, this fixed the bloody fault!!!
citronut
My Cars:

Re: where's the hp diesel pump...last resort before selling

Post by citronut »

i dont think anyone has got to the p*i*s*s*e*d off stage yet as they are still trowing in reply's on you other thread,

all thats required is loads of PERCY WHAT SIT just stick in there
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
stu9

Post by stu9 »

citronut wrote:all thats required is loads of PERCY WHAT SIT just stick in there
Not now it's not....I dont enjoy driving it and wont if I can help it, and bloody dangerous, you cant overtake and have to keep one eye or the revs and the other on the rd
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Post by Gibbo2286 »

From my list P0230 Fuel Pump Primary Circuit Malfunction. What that means in terms of a fix I have no idea.
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
oneday
My Cars:

Post by oneday »

have you had a lexia session yet to confirm this or are you just guessing
C5 2.0 HDI VTR 2003 ICELANDIC GREY
306 1.4 LX MERIDIAN
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

oneday wrote:have you had a lexia session yet to confirm this or are you just guessing
Good point. Don't guess - get a diagnostic by someone who knows and understands what the diagnostics are telling...

The P0230 fault and the accompanying resolution would seem to indicate the pump third piston actuator.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
stu9

Post by stu9 »

Someone came out today but his diag stuff wouldnt recognise the car, he did say that it was really for vag/audi

But I manged to get a Lexia kit tonight, the guy sells them on ebay (Easydiagnostics.co.uk) very helpfull and knowledegble....he said to try it when I got home, I couldnt as my lappy's on Vista. He said it might work but would probably be very slow, he wasnt kidding, then it chucked it. He was going to help with it remotely once I got it (Lexia) installed, but because of the hassle with vista, it didnt happen.

Now having to format it and put an old copy of xp on, so hopefully will be able to get it working sometime tomorrow

I explained what was happening with the car....he said he was quite sure it was duff egr and explained fully how they worked and said to blank it. I had to laugh though, he asked if it was 130odd hp...I said I wish, it's 110, and said fk knows what citroen were thinking of putting a low hp engine like that in a car that size....he agreed, but also said that when I fly for using the Lexia I can go into a certain part you can go into and can change the hp of the engine via other codes....or something like that, or I picked him up wrong, can allways ask again though

So will see how it tomorrow, if/when xp installs on this laptop

I'll block the egr though, but do it after a read the codes, just to see what comes up
oneday
My Cars:

Post by oneday »

jim at easy diagnostics is a good man to have lexia will work well on xp and jim will talk you through it or if you have an internet connection whilst your in the car he will do it for you
306 1.4 LX MERIDIAN
stu9

Post by stu9 »

I know he said that......the problem now though is xp wont install on my laptop, dont know why but it wont....so vista will have to go back on anyway, but I dont know what I'm going to do now. As I said to Jim tonight too, both laptops (mine and hers) are on bloody vista, my desktop's on W7 pro...but that's not any good
oneday
My Cars:

Post by oneday »

yes had trouble reinstalling it on mine had to go to microsoft site and download nessasary files to allow install as xp now not being supported much and it wouldnot run on my windows 7 64bit laptop even though jim spent 4 hours trying

its a shame your so far away or you could have hooked it up to my lexia there must be someone around glasgow that has one that can help you out
306 1.4 LX MERIDIAN
Bick

Post by Bick »

you have purchased your lexia from a top bloke, dont worry Jim will sort it out for you. he spent ages sorting my laptop out so it would run the autocom i purchased from him, my laptop has never been better! he can be a busy guy but he will sort your problem, help you use the lexia and tell you how to fix your car.

good luck stu
stu9

Post by stu9 »

Thanks guys.....yep he's a top man ok, it to ages to put vista back on (i should have kept my other laptop......Alienware M17 x R4) and managed to get lexia on, will try it on the car shortly