V6 Xantia insurance

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

fatherjack2002
My Cars:

V6 Xantia insurance

Post by fatherjack2002 »

Hi folks, there seem to be a few V6 Xantias available just now, so i thought i may dip my toe in the water "so to speak" and possibily purchase one, as i now have a "duty dog" Xantia for work, shared with a colleage, so this now justifies me a "weekend" car again !! :-D :-D .
I did briefly own one ( until the dreaded gearbox plague took its toll and it was rescued and re-built by CitroJim ! lol :-D :-D ) , anyway was wondering what kind of insurance premiums are being paid by FFC members on thier V6's ? .
I've been quoted around £370 full comp which i feel is pretty reasonable, how does this compare ?

Cheers for now Paul..............
1995 Xantia VSX 1.9 TD, RIP
N*ssan Pr*mera . HATING EVERY MILE
1994 Xantia LX 1.9TD, RIP
1997 Xantia desire 2 re-homed
2002 Pugeot 307 HDI (not quite a Xantia, but still French)
handyman
My Cars:

Re: V6 Xantia insurance

Post by handyman »

Hi Paul, as I am now officially an 'Old Git', I qualify for extra discounts and I insured my V6, fully comp. with business use for me and SWMBO for only £220. That was with no NCD, as that is used on the other cars and I anticipate only doing less than 4K miles per year plus we live in a very low crime area.

I looked into multi-car insurance as offered by one of the insurance company's on the idiot lantern, but that was MUCH, MUCH dearer.

I did find out subsequently, that as one of our policies is with Saga, we could have used a system they call 'mirroring' whereby they will insure multiple cars and apply the NCD to the lot! :shock: :shock: :shock: [-o< . That was too late for me as I'd already stumped up the money for the insurance with another company and if I cancelled I would have got fleeced. :taz: Saga do not broadcast this system, as I was only told by one of the telephone assistants whilst querying another matter.

So if you are over 50, with at least 3 years NCD, try Saga. I'm not recommending them, but if it means you can get affordable insurance, I'm willing to spread the word.

Handyman
oneday
My Cars:

Post by oneday »

saga do a good discount on the first year then it goes up rapidly in my experiace

this year is year 4 they want 499 fully comp with full no claims on the c5 time to move to hastings direct 220 with protected no claims
C5 2.0 HDI VTR 2003 ICELANDIC GREY
306 1.4 LX MERIDIAN
handyman
My Cars:

Post by handyman »

Yes but if you check all the paperwork they send out with your renewal, they guarantee to price match any other quotes you get that are cheaper. For the last three years, the Saga insurance on our estate has been getting cheaper, even though the renewal premium was a stupidly expensive amount. :shock:

Renewals have been about £450, inc NCD. This year I'm paying £112, fully comp, business use, two drivers and paying that monthly, with no extra fees or charges for credit. =D> =D> =D> =D> PM me if you want to know the procedure. #-o Last year, I even got an extra 20% discount, all because they wanted to quote me for house insurance. 8-[ Not that we took up their offer. [-X

Why pay more? :mrgreen:

H
oneday
My Cars:

Post by oneday »

just tried that they said as a valued customer they would reduce it by 45 quid but were unable to price match the quote i have had so stuff saga. they also have done the same to my father inlaw so he has moved aswell
306 1.4 LX MERIDIAN
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Paul, good to see you :-D Your old V6 is still going strong - now in the ownership of a very good friend of mine - PavlosV6 one here...

I've just had my quotes back for next year from Admiral and the V6 is the cheapest of the lot :shock: Cheaper than the Activa and the XM :? For an old git like me on their Multicar policy it was just about £240 for the year.

So, they're a good bet. Good on fuel and on insurance =D>
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
handyman
My Cars:

Post by handyman »

Hmm, that's interesting Oneday, they've either changed their policy or their administering different policy schedules depending on the area you live in. I know Notts is not very well liked by insurance cos due to the high incidences of vehicle theft.

Was there not an additional slip attached to their policy renewal document? That usually where the price match guarantee is and its only a couple of months since I renewed our Saga insurance.

I've not got any insurance renewals until next year, so I'll have to wait until then to see if their system has changed. I will be looking at their mirror scheme to see how it compares to likes of Admiral. Must say, when insurance renewals come around, not been very impressed with Admiral as their quotes always appear to be extra ordinarily higher through their multicar policies. Maybe they do not like me! 8-[

I did have an incident with one of their subsidiaries, Bell, who due to their incompetency in dealing with a claim cost me a lot of NCD and had to effect a large payout, even though the vehicle engineer stated that the damage caused was disproportionate to the settlement claim. :shock: :shock: :taz:

If Jim can get a couple of cars on that multi-car scheme, fully comp, business use, for £240, I'll sign up tomorrow, please! [-o< [-o< 8-[

Bon chance.

H
oneday
My Cars:

Post by oneday »

hi handyman just gone through all the paperwork nothing mentioned about price matching or anything just the offer on the phone to reduce by 45 quid for a valued customer [not thet valued it seems] they said they could not match the quote i had.

im with you on what jim gets he must tell us how he managed to get that deal as i paid that juat for the c5 with full no claims never made a claim in 36 years of driving.
306 1.4 LX MERIDIAN
fatherjack2002
My Cars:

Post by fatherjack2002 »

Hi Handyman, if you would be as good as to send me any info on the Ins Co & info that u have from them it would be appreciated, as i thought £370 was ok, but other premiums mentioned seem more favourable than the one quoted to me !

BTW i'm in the "golden year" age group as well ! lol

Thanks Paul..............
1995 Xantia VSX 1.9 TD, RIP
N*ssan Pr*mera . HATING EVERY MILE
1994 Xantia LX 1.9TD, RIP
1997 Xantia desire 2 re-homed
2002 Pugeot 307 HDI (not quite a Xantia, but still French)
handyman
My Cars:

Post by handyman »

fatherjack2002 wrote:BTW i'm in the "golden year" age group as well ! lol
Well judging by your avatar, hardly "Golden", more like ruff 'n' ready! :-D :-D :-D :-D

BTW, yav PM.

H
PavlosV6

Post by PavlosV6 »

Hi Paul,

I'm pleased to confirm Jim's comments about Old V6 still going well - just love that car :-D

I've just had a couple of quotes to renew at £390 and £405.

Go on, you know you want one :!:

Regards,

Paul.
Paul
'97 Xantia MK1 V6 Exclusive in Mauritius Blue - 205K - "Old V6" - A new life begins.....
'06 Picasso Exclusive 110 in Mediterranean Blue - 106K
'14 308cc 2.0HDi 163 Roland Garros in Pearlescent White - 7K
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Paul, try Admiral...

My V6 was quoted, as part of a multicar deal, for £238 this year. The Activa was a tenner cheaper and the XM considerably dearer due to it being classified as a modified car...

Mine may have been cheaper as they are reaping over £800 to insure Siany on her Pixo... Still not bad for a 17 year old though...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...