Xantia Locks

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

timbo
My Cars:

Xantia Locks

Post by timbo »

just trying to pin down which lock is makeing the central locking lock then un-lock,will disconnecting the electics to each servo one at a time identify the problem lock. ?
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

You only need to trace the front doors - as these only have the key operated lock/unlock switches.
The door lock disconnected that removes the problem - using the opposite door lock - is the problem.
My bet it's the driver's side that's the problem - as this is the most used lock assembly [;)]
Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Post by Richard Gallagher »

Just had the same problem on my 93 Xantia, cured it by pulling the plug off the passenger lock inside the door and then sprayed liberal amounts of WD40 over the connectors. Absolutely fine for the last 8 days, fingers crossed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
timbo
My Cars:

Post by timbo »

Thanks for info,have also noticed that when you turn the key in the front passenger lock the central locking fails to work,could this point to this lock being the faulty one?
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

I don't think the passenger door lock is 'live'. I think if you have a 'plip' this occupies the terminals on the control unit that would otherwise be used for the passenger door lock. This is certainly the case on our 94 ZX.
Jeremy<font color="black"></font id="black"><font color="black"></font id="black"><font color="black"></font id="black">
Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Timbo, I've just tried the 'keylocks' on my Xantia and found that they both activate the central locking in the same way, so it would seem logical that a fault may lie with the n/s lock on your car.
BonceChops
My Cars:

Post by BonceChops »

I dont want to mention the F word in here but on Ford's the rear locks have switches in them to say if they are locked or not. If any of the doors don't lock correctly they all unlock. So you can get the fault on any door lock. Not sure if Xantia's have switch's in the lock or not and I don't have the workshop manual handy to check the wiring drawing. Sorry again for swearing in here :)
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

If you have the door open light panel its operated off door switches in the locks themselves.
Richard doesn't say if his car has a plip or not.
My BX TD does not have a plip and the passenger door key operates the system.
jeremy
Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Yes mine does have a plip, Xantia TD VSX.
wrinklet1
My Cars:

Post by wrinklet1 »

Hi, I had a problem with my 93 xantia unlocking itself straight after I had locked it either with the plip or with the locks themselves. After doing a bit of Sherlock Holmes, I deduced that the passenger door lock was at fault, I removed the door panel (front door), then removed the wiring connector. I then tried using the plip and all except the passenger door lock worked okay as it should. I reconected the wiring plug to the lock and pushed it firmly in place. Tried the plip again and hey presto!!!![:)] it all worked. After refitting the door panel and putting the lock cap back on, I tried the plip again, and it unlocked after locking. [V][V].
I removed the lock cap and tried the plip again and it worked[:I], After more investigation I found the bar leading to the internal lock cap from the lock was bent and it only need minimal resistance to make the lock unlock, therefore I have the cap in place but not fitted to the lock bar. Everything works as it should now[8)]. Touch wood
Regards
Paul
greggpask

Post by greggpask »

I have the same problem as you describe,when it happens i have to check to make sure all the doors are securely closed by opening and closing again, including the boot. Then all being well it will lock and then arm the alarm ok.
SGould

Post by SGould »

I did exactly the same as Richard. WD 40 worked a treat