Heated Seats Wiring and Fuses

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

olliewarwick1

Heated Seats Wiring and Fuses

Post by olliewarwick1 »

Hi All,

I'm hoping you can help me. I have a Xantia HDi SX 110 which I bought a set of leather electric heated seats for. I was told that they worked when they were removed from the exclusive model they came from. I've put them into my car (which just had normal manual seats before) and the electric motors to move teh seats work fine however, the heated seats don't.

After reading a few posts on here I'm aware that the heated seats are tempremental however, I just wondered if there was an easy way of getting them working that I may have missed. All of the wiring appears to be there, I have the switches plugged in however, nothing warms up. I've looked through the fuses, there are none missing and all appear to be good but I don't have the diagram to ensure I'm checking the right ones firstly underneath the dash and under the bonnet.

So, my questions are these. Which fuses should I be looking at? Is there anything fundemental that I've missed? Does anyone have an HDi fuse diagram?

I'm not too worried if they don't work, but as the previous owner said they did (and I do believe him) and the wiring appears to be there it would be good to get them working in the cold weather.

Thanks for all your help.
Ollie
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Heated Seats Wiring and Fuses

Post by CitroJim »

It's the same fuse for the heaters as for the motors. The 40A one. It must be good otherwise they'd not motor...

Sadly they are tempermental. The only thing worth checking is the controllers. Tghey have a habit of falling apart when their connectors are disturbed and getting them back together properly needs some care.

Try swapping over the controllers...

I have the circuit diagrams for the seat heaters. Let me know if you'd find them handy and I'll post them up...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

I wouldn't mind a copy too Jim - on the V6 the passenger side seat heater works (according to my girlfriend, I never sit in that seat) but the drivers one doesn't seem to work - at least I can't notice anything...

Are you suggesting its the controller (I assume you mean the bit with the knobs in the centre console) that is the usual suspect ?
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Mandrake wrote: Are you suggesting its the controller (I assume you mean the bit with the knobs in the centre console) that is the usual suspect ?
No, the normal problem is broken elements in the seat bases Simon. The controllers are very reliable as all they are is a small rotary switch and a few small resistors...

I'll post the diagrams in a bit...

I'm never worried about them and never use them - never felt the need. The one time I did try them out of curiosity I had to agree the old description that they make you feel like you've wet yourself is true enough :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
olliewarwick1

Post by olliewarwick1 »

Thanks for your replies, I'm not too fussed, it was only if it was an easy job. If you wouldn't mind posting up the diagrams then maybe I'll take a look.
Thanks again, I always get such helpful replies on this site. Will be posting a couple more questions in a few minutes.
Ollie
lurchy666
My Cars: citroen c5 hdi 2.2 auto estate

Post by lurchy666 »

i was just looking in haynes and in the list of fuses for the x2 there is one for electric windows/heated seat RELAY (if i remember correctly) , has yours got said relay or a blank relay holder anywhere under steering wheel or under kick panal drivers side above pedals, it could be as simple as putting a relay in if the haynes is right and there is a relay
c5 2.2 auto hdi estate 52 reg