C4 By Loeb - Opinions!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Which would you go for?

Poll ended at 31 Oct 2012, 20:16

Red with White, 2007 Pre-Facelift - Stick.
88%
Black with Black, 2010 Facelift - Change.
13%

Total votes: 8

Citroening
My Cars: Various Makes/Models Nowadays...

C4 By Loeb - Opinions!

Post by Citroening »

Rightio, as some of you may have seen in the Blog Section - here - I've the opportuntity to upgrade to the facelift Loeb. I've yet to see one in the flesh however will be on Thursday where I'll make a decision (or have a longer ponder). Any thoughts welcome - I'll copy and paste most of what's in the thread, below:
Well talking about this possible change of car it's come to light again. Not exactly a huge change however I do have the possibility to upgrade from my current 2007 C4 by Loeb to the facelift 2010 C4 by Loeb.

Normally I wouldn't look at the facelift cars due to them being completely out of my price range however in the next week or so I will have the opportunity to consider upgrading to a 2010 version that is one lady owner from new and low sensible miles too, and the main attraction is the price which is very tempting indeed for a facelift car that is still even in warranty!

We'll see what happens and what I decide to do, it's a Black one with the Black Wheels so a bit different from my current Sport Red with White Wheels however does look quite smart. I've not actually seen up close a facelift Loeb so it will be interesting and I wonder if it can sway me. Also it features the later 1.6 16v Petrol engine with 120BHP as opposed to the older 110BHP unit - not much, I know, but...
I know what you mean Chris as it can look a little busy however with it being Black it doesn't look as busy as other colours do. There are a few things that I prefer on the original cars however they are only small and nothing that cannot be lived without (eg I prefer the rev counter in front of steering wheel and not in the central pod).

What is drawing me towards this car is that for not a lot more money I can get a car that is three years newer, has covered less mileage and is one lady owner from new in mint condition - and all other similar advertised cars are much much more money...

I will have to seriously consider it when I see it however there is a lot of incentive as outline above... We'll see...
Yep it's a Black One. The wheels are indeed Black as well (the pre facelift had silver wheels) although its more of a Matt type Black I am led to believe. It does indeed still have the red interior although has been toned down a bit from what I can see - I've not seen one in the flesh so with definitely be interesting to compare them side by side. The face lift has still got little details like the chevrons on the headrests though.

Decals wise, yes they are standard. Bit marmite I suppose although I don't mind them. There's also the Sebastien Loeb white signature decal in front of the door mirrors, and the number is on a plate on the centre console.

I do agree that the whole By Loeb thing was done due to the rallying and of course they didn't use a Black car... I quite like the look of it (although I still think all C4 alloys are too small and need 18"s on them to fill the arches - perhaps spacers and a touch of lowering might help...anyway, O/T!) although I'm looking forward to seeing what it's like and base my decision on that...

There's lots of plus points to go for it, although will heart rule head and the red one stays...
My Current C4 By Loeb:

Facelift Black C4 By Loeb:

295 (Kopie) by azu250, on Flickr

296 (Kopie) by azu250, on Flickr

So sum up, the facelift car is 2.5 years newer, lower mileage and 1 lady owner from new in mint condition for not a lot more than what I have ATM...

Thanks all! :-D :wink:
Franklin
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Re: C4 By Loeb - Opinions!

Post by Citroenmad »

If its a real bargain then buy it and sell it on. Or buy it and then make the decision.

Personally the facelift is not a patch on the original and the red/white combo looks superb - its the reason I like the Loeb. It might be newer but that makes no difference at all. If you like the one you have and there is nothing wrong with it, Id keep it.
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

I've voted for the reds. Not my normal voting stance you understand but the blues are not standing it seems :)

Can you get a blue C4 by Leob Franklin?
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Citroening

Post by Citroening »

It's already coming onto the fleet Chris - a certain family member thought it was a bargain and if I don't have it then it will be moved on in the near future... :wink:

I do indeed very much like the C4 I currently own and having done a fair amount of servicing it's all fine. This other car will have to make a good impression on me in the flesh to sway me admittedly...
CitroJim wrote:Can you get a blue C4 by Loeb Franklin?
Unfortunately not Jim! There is a fabulous Blue available on the non-Loeb C4s though - see here - pic doesn't really do it justice as in the flesh it is beautiful... 8-)
Franklin
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

The blue looks great and its the only reason to buy a facelifted C4 :lol: Its poseidon blue isn't it?
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

That's a lovely blue Franklin. Looks like Miami Blue or Poseidon Blue, they're actually peugeot colours and no doubt called something different on Citroens.

Two of the very best PSA colours along with Sorrento Green (best 205GTi colour - dark, almost black), Mauritius Blue and Dantes' Red :)

EDIT: Chris, we agree again!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

Purely on looks rather than spec: RED!

The all black has none of the definition in it's lines, especially the forms of the arches and wheels
(where the red / white wheels easily does) and it appears to be a bit of a blob I'm afraid, though now
I've said that, I'm going to feel awful when you decide that's the way you want to go... :lol:

Proviso would be the black one with Redbull bodyglove vinyl!
Last edited by andmcit on 26 Oct 2012, 22:58, edited 1 time in total.
Nothing moves you like a Citroën
Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Post by Deanxm »

The red on white rims is the signature Loeb colour scheme, like blue on gold scubies, or a white cossie, that black one does nothing for me, the wheels look wrong and the facelift doesnt look as good as the original which so often seems to be the case with these things, stick with the red loeb franklin or if your getting bored move on to pastures new, dont buy a worse version of the same car............................just my opinion you understand.

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

I wonder if this photo was intended as humorous.

andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

Dead link Steve! Unless you're being ironic?
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

Is this what caught your eye?

myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

That's it Andrew.
The link was taken from the original picture.
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

Citroenmad wrote:If its a real bargain then buy it and sell it on. Or buy it and then make the decision.

Personally the facelift is not a patch on the original and the red/white combo looks superb - its the reason I like the Loeb. It might be newer but that makes no difference at all. If you like the one you have and there is nothing wrong with it, Id keep it.
I agree with Chris. The red/white is fantastic, and looks almost like a proper Citroen WRC car. The black just looks like it's been driven through Halfords covered in glue..
Citroening

Post by Citroening »

Thanks for the opinions Chris, Jim, Andrew, Dean and Mike as you do make good points indeed...

In fact I remember when I was looking for this car in the first place - Sport Red was only available on the Loeb Edition and that's why I held out for this car... Seems silly to go for a Black one when Black is available on any C4...

Hmm...Think I will stick to what I have, although unless the Black one makes a BIG impression on me I might be tempted - however I doubt it... The money saved can be "invested" in a few tasteful mods to the red one... :twisted: :wink:
Franklin