Another little jaunt.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Another little jaunt.

Post by qprdude »

Just booked a short break in York next month. In pre-C5 days, this would possibly have been a train journey, but I just can't get enough of the new car, and local driving doesn't do it justice.
Only about 720 miles round trip this time but that should be my "Citroen-fix" until Christmas. (maybe)
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Another little jaunt.

Post by CitroJim »

Excellent :-D A nice opportunity to visit the Railway Museum then :wink:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Post by qprdude »

Yes, that's definitely on the list. We will be a 10 minute walk from the centre so I'm busy researching York's attractions.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Rick.

Mr Tickle

Post by Mr Tickle »

the minster is well worth a visit even with the scaffolding
Spaces
Location: Rarely in one place for too long - Hebridean Islands and Yorkshire are my favourites
My Cars:

Post by Spaces »

Mr Tickle wrote:the minster is well worth a visit even with the scaffolding
Evensong on a Wednesday is usually worth it - these great buildings without music and a bit of religious stuff are meaningless, plus it means free entry!
PeterN: "Honest John's forum put the last nail in the coffin of owning a 2000- car. Many were still servicable, but CR, DMFs and needing fault codes read because your horn doesn't work - no thanks. All my life I have generally understood cars - until now."
qprdude

Post by qprdude »

Good stuff. I'm not religeous, but being Scotish, the "free" part sounds very attractive. :wink:
Rick.

SaabC5
My Cars: 09 C5 X7 2.0Hdi Exclusive

Post by SaabC5 »

Oooh some piccys from the rail museum would go down well, the DP1 in particular. (only train geeks need apply)
09 C5 X7 2.0Hdi Exclusive in Perla Nera black (the best colour) :wink:
qprdude

Post by qprdude »

I'll get the camera charged up then.
Strange avatar SaabC5. Well, not strange, but co-incidental. I dealt my Saab 9-3 Vector TiD 150 in for my C5.
Rick.

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

SaabC5 wrote:Oooh some piccys from the rail museum would go down well, the DP1 in particular. (only train geeks need apply)
Absolutely :-D Especially DP1. I have a special love of Deltics having stood next to one being used as a static standby power generation device when I was an apprentice... It was running at the time :-D

Yes, I have to admit it I am a bit of a train enthusiast with an interest in early diesel traction, especially the more interesting ones like Deltics and the Diesel-Hydraulics...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
qprdude

Post by qprdude »

Well that was another 740 mile trouble free trip. Superb comfort again, nice and easy to overtake, but only returning 40 MPG. Did a little side trip to Scarborough just to get a bit of use for the sport mode.
Might have got a speeding ticket, time will tell. The Sat Nav got hopelessly confused on a new bit of road (under construction) around Edinburgh and refused to accept new instructions. We were using the A1 East Coast road for a change, and I think some of the speed limits have changed. I got flashed by a camera just north of Berwick and without sat nav, I got no warning.It was one of those chappies on the opposite side of the road, without the obvious yellow stripes.

York was brilliant. So much to see and do, and the hotel was OK too.
We tried the York wheel, a river cruise , the Minster and of course the transport museum. Just not quite long enough to get round everything.

Rick.

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

I must go to the railway museum next year... Seeing those pictures I know I'll enjoy it immensely...

If you have any more pictures do please post them :-D
Jim

qprdude

Post by qprdude »

Rick.

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Excellent :-D
Jim

qprdude

Post by qprdude »

The last pic is the interior of the Japanese Bullet train, the only one outside of Japan.
Rick.