c8 2.2 hdi turbo air flow problem,please help

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

dragon

c8 2.2 hdi turbo air flow problem,please help

Post by dragon »

hi
this is my firs post,normaly i onlt read stuf on forum
i have done my clutch and dualmass flywheel change on my c8
cgot it all back,running fine
but now i am getting p0245 fault code
car is running grate,lot of power,unit antpolution comes on screen and it goese in to limp mode
this is normaly on motorway when trying to put foot down hard
i had lexia readings whille driving and when it went in to limp mode
fault p0245
turbo pressure -air flow greter than max
engine speed 3534rpm
acual flow 65mm2/stroke
turbo pressure 2212mbar
turbo pressure setting 2212mbar
electro valve 43%
car had no dpf it was taken off and ecu maped 2 years ago,never had a problem since with it
last year i fitted new swirl valve capule,fitted air flow metar 3 days ago my was coming up with fault,i only fitted cheep one from gfs parts
i am planing to order some vaccume tubing and replace all vaccume pipes on car,specialy one to turbo,going to bay vaccume tester and check evrything
tryed swaping electro valves from egr to turbo,no diffrence
egr works good on both valves,on lexia its reading 95% on idle one car starts going it drops to 5%
is there any way to test,check electro valves?valves are getting hot after 20 min running
today i drove car 40 mile in 4th 4000rpm no limp mode,then i drove up the hill in 3th 60mph and it went int o limp
it will not do it in normal city driving only on motorway
any help,ideas please
sorry fro speling
thank you
dragon

Re: c8 2.2 hdi turbo air flow problem,please help

Post by dragon »

Hi
i have done some tests but stll dont know whats wrong
i got vaccume tester
checked pipe from electovalve to turbo.it held 600 mmHg without any loss
cheked egr pipe too,it held same amount of vaccume without any loss
then i took vaccume pipe off swirl valve and conected tester to it,it held 600mmHg without any loss
and it moved up with vaccume (so i think its in good working order)
Vaccume pipe is creating 700mmHg of vaccume so that is ok
Now i tested vaccume suply to turbo electrovalve and its getting 700mmHg on idle
then i teed tester in to turbo electrovalve output on idle its on 200mmHg as i reved engine up to aprox 4000rpm vaccume was geting.up to 450-500mmHg.dont have any infos how high should vaccume goup to
Then i tested egr.on idle 300mmHg of vac,if i rev engine vaccume drops to 0,ones back to idle it jums up to 300mmHg
so i think it works fine,its open on idle and closes ones revs go up
tested suply of vaccume to swirl valve and its 650mmHg
i drove car 60 mile last nite.it was fine up to 80mph then i put my foot down it started pooling then mil light came on and it went in to limp mode,few restarts later and it was fine,eml still on,today light gone off it self.i know next time on motorway it will do it again.done it evry time onmotorway
now i am thinking is my map sensor,one in intercooler duff?all intercooler pips are good without leeks
or will i need to take turbo off and check it?could i have sticking vains in turbo?
any ideas please as i am stuck,dont know what to do next
All lexia shows is p0245,turbo pressure grater than max
Lighty
My Cars:

Post by Lighty »

you seem to have a fair idea of what you are doing, When I get this problem it is nearly always vac, but you seem to have that covered, have you checked DPF differential pressure, could be blocked ?
http://www.marklightfootltd.co.uk
Dacia Duster 1.5 dci
Renault Twizy Technic
Citroen C15
Citroen Ami
dragon

Post by dragon »

hi thanks for reply mate
dpf was removed over year ago,never had a problem since,it only started playing after car was parked for over a months
i was waithing for ££ to do flywheel
it drives fine with lot of power for big mpv,still in two minds how high vacc has to rise on electrovalve when reved high
i am thinking is my map sensor gone,car is going in to lim mode (overboost) so its reading press,it my be over sensative
i hope its not vains in tyrbo,not now as its pain to get to tyrbo with sybframe in place,
sorry for speling and i am missing letter thats why i am spelling (tyrbo)
i will ypdate how i get on
thanks