Picasso lift pump

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

dave28

Picasso lift pump

Post by dave28 »

Hi all still having trouble with the picasso randomly breaking down when you least expect it but the last time when i tried to restart it i did not hear the pump noise but the car started on the button 15 minutes later and ran fine again the last time before now that this happened was two weeks ago have not had chance to give the underside a clout when its stopped because i have to push the bl==dy thing out of traffic a bit sharpish is this a common thing to happen with a dodgy pump and if so why does the pump rectify its self and run as normal :x
1.8 petrol
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Re: Picasso lift pump

Post by spider »

If its intermittent I'd suggest the wiring to it or the tachometric (the big "double" relay, probably near the ECU) relay is acting up.

I'd start by examining their plugs for corrosion etc and then consider replacing the relay if possible. Check both pump plug and relay plug.

I guess the pump could go intermittent but I'd sort of expect it to work or not in a fashion, allowing for odd faults such as insufficient pressure or bearings worn giving pump noise etc but as far as I know they would work or not.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
dave28

Re: Picasso lift pump

Post by dave28 »

Thanks for your reply i have just put another relay on and will now see how that goes its just a pain because it might be another 2 or 3 weeks before it goes again and also i find myself taking all the back roads to get to where i want to go in case it breaks down