xantia centrol locking not working

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

jacksun1987

xantia centrol locking not working

Post by jacksun1987 »

My Xantia does have centrol locking. We undid the door trim and there they was. Wiers for the centrol locking. But its not working. Niether is the passenger side. It evern has a steerling alarm on it as well. So surly theres a chance to get it working.
Would it need new cemtrol locking motors. Ive got 2 door handles and ignitin barrow with key. To try and put on.
What motors would fit xantias
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Re: xantia centrol locking not working

Post by Citroenmad »

If I remember correctly yours is the base spec Xantia without electric front windows?

Im not sure if they did come with central locking but I would be surprised if they didnt, even if they had key rather than remote central locking. So the alarm fitted is an aftermarket one?

It wont be the door handles you need to change, as the locking mechanism is not inside the handle isself.
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
jacksun1987

Post by jacksun1987 »

Theres defferntly wiers to it. Just found the spec sheet it has It says its got high sercurity cruciform locks
But thats the only one it has filled in lol. On the locking department
If anyone has a spec sheet. Mines a xantia Not lx just xantia 1.9td
Mines a 95 one
But there was wires near the door handles. So surly it has centrol locking. Not remonte just key controled centrol locking
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

I had a problem on Gracie in that the NSR door was deadlocked and not responding to anything, while the OSR could be manually locked/unlocked, but not through the central locking. After receiving advise from this forum, I investigated the concertina sleeving between the doors and the pillars, and found 4 failed wires NSR, and 2 OSR. I soldered in new lengths (different colours for each connection), and both doors now are fully responsive. I made sure to add enough length to allow for the door movement and prevent the possibility of them failing in the forseeable future. I protected the joins with heat sleeving, rather than insulating tape, as it could come unstuck in hot weather.

The wires were all coloured white, but also had number codes, so it shouldn't be a problem linking the right wires together. The tricky part was getting the sleeve out of the pillar, as it goes in a long way, but it is definitely worth the effort.

IIRC I paid about £10 for the wire and heat sleeving from Maplins.

If there are problems with the wiring in the front door concertina sleeves then this could be hard work (unless you have small hands), as there is considerably less space to work in. You might even need to remove the wings to give you enough room (I really hope not). According to the Haynes manual, there are 4 wires for each of the rear door locks (not including the earth), and 8 wires for the front door locks (again, not including the earth wire). This is due to the fact that the front door locks each have 3 switches to monitor, while the rear locks only have 1 each.

I hope that this helps.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
jacksun1987

Post by jacksun1987 »

Thanks im going to have to have a good look at the wiers. Count how many they are. I found 3 comming down from the door handle. Think they was green and yellow ones.
So if i havernt got 8 wiers in the door frame i have no centrol locking. But how would a alarm work with out centrol locking ?
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

In the Brochure for your Xantia model year it does not list central locking on its own, but remote central locking for LX and above. So I guess yours does not have central locking, according to specs it does not have deadlocking, which would make sense.

The wires in the doors could be for the alarm system, which must be aftermarket. The alarm could just work on sensors in the locks perhaps, some expensive aftermarket alarms do give cars without central locking - central locking ...
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

it could be possible it has a factory alarm and the wires are just to the micro switches in the door lock catch's,

it is also possible the wires for central locking are fitted from the factory but not used in all models
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
Old-Guy
My Cars: 2011 Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6HDi in Kyanos Blue
1995 Xantia Estate SX 1.9TD in Vert Vega "The Green Lady" - now owned by XanTom
1998 Xantia 2.1 VXD Estate in Mauritius Blue - R.I.P. (terminal tin-worm)

Post by Old-Guy »

It was very common for car wiring looms (harnesses) to have the wires for various options (but are usually engine type specific):
- reduces stock and production control problems and the risk of cock-ups on the production line
- looms are fitted early on in the build process thus highly option-specific loom severely limit the possibilities for changing the production schedule
Thus the presence of the wiring for an option is no indication that it is/was fitted.
2011 Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6HDi in Kyanos Blue
1995 Xantia Estate SX 1.9TD in Vert Vega "The Green Lady" - after 11 years now owned by XanTom
1998 Xantia 2.1 VXD Estate in Mauritius Blue - R.I.P. (terminal tin-worm)
jacksun1987

Post by jacksun1987 »

Yep it doesnt look like t has centrol locking.

On another note. Whats the easyest way to take the ignetion barrow out
thanks
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Post by citroenxm »

Strip the Colum covers off steering wheel off first..

then on the side of the barrel there is a small torx screw.. about t15 or smaller.. remove it first.. then further around the barrel is what looks like a button.. put the key in and turn the key.. While you do press on the button on the side then then button will push in.. while its pressed down use the key to also pull out the barrel...

you may need to use a screw driver to push the button in... then unplug the three large plugs and maneuver the wires through the barrel house....
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto