Xantia windscreen wiper function

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

XantiaDaveEire
My Cars:

Xantia windscreen wiper function

Post by XantiaDaveEire »

Evening all

I had my windscreen replaced this morning however they sent out a windscreen without a rain sensor so i currently have a windscreen fitted without the sensor.

The problem is that the 1st position on the wiper stalk does nothing and if i push the stalk down to clear the windscreen i have to hold it to ensure that it will clean the whole screen and to ensure that it will return and sit in place at the bottom of the windscreen,so at the moment i only have the 2nd and 3rd speeds working.

Is there anything i can do to remove the automatic wiper function and just have the slow speed in the 1st position and to get them working as if i never had a rain sensor

[-o< I have my NCT in the morning and so far that is the only thing i could possibly fail on :roll:
1998 Xantia 1.9 TD 186k
2008 C4 grand Picasso exclusive 105k #-o
lurchy666
My Cars: citroen c5 hdi 2.2 auto estate

Re: Xantia windscreen wiper function

Post by lurchy666 »

if the sensor dont pick up its own light then it should just go to intermintant (excuse the spelling) thats what mine did, so as long as the sensor is plugged in you should still have on 1st position inter, also if the sensor is plugged in it will alow the down (1 wipe) to self park even if the sensor is just hanging there doing nothing

double sided sticky foam tab things might do the job to hold your sensor on but bear in mind when you put it up it has to be touching the screen so the foam tab things cant be too fat,
c5 2.2 auto hdi estate 52 reg
XantiaDaveEire
My Cars:

Post by XantiaDaveEire »

He took the sensor out completely and left it in the car,so it's as simple as just conecting it back up and it will work in intermitant? :)
1998 Xantia 1.9 TD 186k
2008 C4 grand Picasso exclusive 105k #-o
lurchy666
My Cars: citroen c5 hdi 2.2 auto estate

Post by lurchy666 »

yeap, that simples
c5 2.2 auto hdi estate 52 reg
XantiaDaveEire
My Cars:

Post by XantiaDaveEire »