Xantia Temptation R Reg Alarm and Coded Ignition Help

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

lloydspencer

Xantia Temptation R Reg Alarm and Coded Ignition Help

Post by lloydspencer »

I am still in the very early stages of Xantia ownership and already getting used to fixing little things here and there.

I was speaking to a friend about checking for a blown fuse(regarding stereo not working), I went inside to make a coffee and come back to him just removing random fuses.

Upon him leaving, the coded ignition is not showing any coloured lights and the engine will just start. How ever the alarm keeps going off when I get inside the car.

I have a blipper key but that no longer works so I have been using the key in the lock to activate the central locking!

It is driving me mad. Has anyone had a similar problem or can suggest what to do to stop this.

thanks
wheeler
My Cars:

Re: Xantia Temptation R Reg Alarm and Coded Ignition Help

Post by wheeler »

If all the other stuff was working ok before your mate started messing about with fuses then work backwards from there, I'd put money on he has removed a vital fuse & put it back in the wrong place. Get the fues diagram from the handbook & check all the fuse positions match up with the equipment fitted to your car, there will be blank spaces in the fusebox for higher spec models, the chances are he has fitted the vital fuse(s) into one of them.
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Post by citroenxm »

lloydspencer wrote:I am still in the very early stages of Xantia ownership and already getting used to fixing little things here and there.

I was speaking to a friend about checking for a blown fuse(regarding stereo not working), I went inside to make a coffee and come back to him just removing random fuses.

Upon him leaving, the coded ignition is not showing any coloured lights and the engine will just start. How ever the alarm keeps going off when I get inside the car.

I have a blipper key but that no longer works so I have been using the key in the lock to activate the central locking!

It is driving me mad. Has anyone had a similar problem or can suggest what to do to stop this.

thanks
He has disabled the Keypad, which I beleve after unlocking the ECU with the correct code, if then remove the power to it or the plug you then DO NOT need to enter a code again, untill power is resotred to the keypad.. NEVER forget your code though.

To reset your alarm, theres a button on the dash with a Speaker shape with a cross on it.. I beleve Temptations have no rear elec windows so it should be the ONLY one on the right..

If you disconnect your battery again in the engine bay, then reconnect, switch on the ignition to second position while HOLDING the dash button on the right the indicators should flash rapidly to indicate alarm reset...

As for your plipper, we can fix those, if you want to send your inners to me, I can sort it out and send it back for you working!
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
lloydspencer

Post by lloydspencer »

Thank you very much for your replies.

I doubled checked all the fuses to make sure they were all in the correct places.

I found a few that were the wrong rating. Whether they were all him or some.

Will be getting a couple of new ones next time I am out and about.

Thanks citroenXM I have reset the alarm! All good now. And I have pm'd you about the key :)